iClone 5 - Saving partial poses for use in other animations

Posted By Bad Uncle Games 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 5 - Saving partial poses for use in other animations

Author
Bad Uncle Games
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm trying to reuse animations for my game development and I am having trouble finding a way of just saving part animations.
To demonstrate.
1. I have made an acceptable run animation
2. I manually adjusted the arms so that I have a run animation holding a crossbow
3. I now want to copy the arm and torso animations to my crouch, walk, backward run etc animations

I am still a little bit of a novice at iClone so would be surprised if there wasn't an easy way to do this.
Any suggestions on where I should start would be appreciated.

Regards.
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I think this is what you need to do to use pieces and parts of your animation. The best way, I know of, is to convert the .imotion file for use in Motion Puppet. Motion Puppet will let you "mask-out" body parts.

Here is the thread dealing with that process...
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic138017-297-1.aspx?Highlight=motion+puppet

In case the animation file is the older .vns format from earlier versions of iClone you can "re-save" by collecting the animation in the timeline. That will convert it to the .imotion format.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Bashan2
Bashan2
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello.
I created my own motion puppet files as explained in the previous post.
Unfortunately, it does'nt work well if I want to transfer only arms motions and if one of my motions has hip rotation. I mask head, torso, hip, and legs, but some hips rotations seems to be transfered too, and i haven't good result, the main motion is broken.
1 :Any idea to mix new arms motions to one of my i.motion?

2 : How could I completely delete arms or torso motions in one clip? When I make right clic/ remove motion/ right arm for exemple, nothing happens in my scene...

Thank you very much for your help...

I have iclone 7 of course...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Bashan2

Reading This Topic