Perform Actions

Posted By gcshep 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gcshep
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I ‘am trying to delete a perform action that I added to my prop via the Collect Clip action but finding it hard to locate it on my system also are you able reuse this perform action on another prop.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Regards
George

SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I would also like to know, so maybe there is someony who knows someone who ...
Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
When you create a motion via Collect Clip, I believe it brings up a dialog window where you can save the motion to a particular directory. Assuming you accepted the default, it is probably in your custom motion folder -- in Windows, that is probably in documents\reallusion\custom\iclone custom\motion.

I do not know if deleting the motion from your directory will also delete it from the prop's perform menu.

As for whether the motion will work with other props, once you locate it, apply it to a different prop, and you'll know.
SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

well, yes, in case of a character, the collected motion ist stored in the related "Motion" Folder in the Custom - area; however, in case of a prop, the motion seems to be stored "within" the prop !?!
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

I think the method you are talking about is when you are creating via the motion action, I’ am talking about creating via the timeline with key frames then collect clip from there you do get the options of Add Motion to Library (and that is the only options you get) from there a box pops up headed Add to Perform and then asks you to name the clip which it does ok and my query is where is it storing that clip it’s not in any of the motion folders??
SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK, one step foreward: the iClone 5 Manual shows on page 413, "Collect Clip for iProp" the following statement:
- 4. The animation clip will be embedded to the prop and added to the Perform list.

So the question remains for me: how to delete an prop-embedded animation from that list?
SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

does this describe your case:?
--------------------------------------------------

Collect Clip for iProp
1. Please make sure that some of the tracks (Idle, Move, Transform, Perform, and Operate) for
the iProp contain keys or motion clips. If these tracks are empty the motion you collect will be
completely empty.
2. Press the Collect Clip button to show the track, click and drag to include a range in which the
desired animation clips or keys exist.
3. Right-click within the range of the Collect Clip track and select Add to Library. Name the clip and
click OK.
4. The animation clip will be embedded to the prop and added to the Perform list.
All the clips and keys in the tracks listed above will be merged and compacted into an animation file. You
may then import it back by right-clicking on the Animation track and selecting the Import command.
--------------------------------------------------------
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I understand what you saying but the question was in which folder and location are the perform actions stored
SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

These are exactly my questions, also! If the animation is stored "within" the prop and is accessible via right-click menue "Perform": where is it stored on e.g. my C-drive? When I give the animation a very specific title, it should be possible to locate this animation by use of the W7 search function applied to the main "Reallusion" folder or any of the Reallusion subfolders.
Nada
rchai
rchai
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I did a quick test and found a possible solution, BUT it is a all-or-nothing solution though.

a. Load an character.
b. If character has NO perform motions, then "Export Persona" and save it as whatever you want to name it. I prefer to name it "Blank Persona".
c. Load the character with the perform functions you wish to remove.
d. Next, use the Import Persona function and select the "Blank Persona".
e. Bingo! The perform motion you wanted to remove is gone.
f. Bad News! The perform motions you wish to keep is also gone.

p.s. I haven't fully tested this across different generations and character types yet.
p.s. To remove >Prop Operate functions", load the same Blank Persona using "import Drama script" function.
p.s. But as I said, this is a all-or-nothing method and is not ideal. I hope someone finds a better way.

Hope it helps and hope I understand correctly what was asked for. Smile
Edited
10 Years Ago by rchai

Reading This Topic