Posted By CloneBot Zack 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

New CCD Contract, Royalty Free and Commercialization Guide

Author
CloneBot Zack
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)Veteran Member (822 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
So we have a lot of things to discuss...

1) CCD Contract
2) Royalty Free
3) Commercialization Guide

I hope that this is where we can ask, discuss, complain about everything dealing with these topics. If you have questions, concerns or kudos, then place them here so that everyone of us can benefit and understand clearly- together.

CCD Contract

Let's start with the new CCD Contract Agreement.
You can view the entire document here:
http://file.reallusion.com/ccd/Reallusion_CCD_Agreement.pdf

The contract is similar to the original except in a few areas, which I will briefly discuss in this forum, but of course if you have any questions, post them here so that everyone can benefit from this discussion.

The new CCD Contract will be effective on May 22, 2009. All content on the content store will become royalty free. If you do not want your content to be made royalty free, you must contact Reallusion by May 22, 2009 to request your content to be removed from all Reallusion store fronts.
To have your content removed:
developer@reallusion.com

Royalty Free

Here is a short description of what royalty free is:

"More than quality and selection, royalty-free means once you buy content from Reallusion, you have the right to display that content within any number of commercial or personal projects and pay nothing more.  Simplify your creative world with royalty-free content and let your mind manage your creativity, not your usage rights.  Reallusion royalty-free 3D, the one stop digital content shop.

Pay once, Use Foreve
Royalty- free content never has a cap on use and will never expire

Store & Access Content online
View your content inventory online or download any prior purchase

Got a paying gig?
Reallusion's Royalty-free 3D content can be used in your commercial projects

For complete details see the newly revised EULA

Note: All content is licensed to one machine per account.  If you should require to share with other computers, then you will need to purchase a multi-seat license."

Royalty free is intended to help promotions of the content, both Reallusion and CCD made. Any questions or concerns, here is the place to post.

Again, I have to place this message:
If you do not want your content to be made royalty free, you must contact Reallusion by May 22, 2009 to request your content to be removed from all Reallusion store fronts.
To have your content removed:
developer@reallusion.com

Commercialization Guide

This guide is designed to help all CCD to better create promotional marketing materials for their content. "People DO judge books by their covers!!"
So, thumbnail images, pack images, promotional images, any and all marketing materials... the bar has been raised. But look at this as an opportunity to improve your work in the industry. We do not want you to fail, or be left behind, so we created this guide, complete with expert advice, templates and guidelines to help you create better marketing.

Plus, there is a section that outlines all requirements, as well as examples of what are good images and what needs improvement, so you will know exactly what we need and hope for from you! You never have to wonder, is my image good enough? is my image the right size... you have all the answers right there! Hehe

Here is Commercial Guide:
http://developer.reallusion.com/commercialguide.aspx

Plus, you have this forum string to voice your concerns or questions. Reallusion will be right here, to listen and answer all of your questions!

Thanks, and let the questions roll! Cool

Reallusion CloneBot

Helping you to develop, for everyone's benefit Cool
Apparition
Apparition
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
All C4G3 Apparition products meet this criteria!

Once you buy C4G3 -Apparition products, you can use it all in your commercial production!  Just remember:  One kit per computer!   It takes time and effort to make this content.   It is good you can use it for your business projects.    It is good, we developers get fairly compensated by the effort!

This iClone world is.... Beautiful!

Great move CloneBot Zack!

Mike

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

Gorz
Gorz
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is our pledge:

White Tiger agrees with Reallusion but, if you own two computers and want our content in both, technically the same owner, you have our blessing!

We also have a for ever free upgrade to all content against proof of purchase!

Apart from that we bind our commitment to what Reallusion written here!

Gorz / White Tiger

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/daaada97-8614-405b-9b6e-af36.jpg  White Tiger Web Shop is not active anylonger, I don't have the time..             https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/12aae66b-b4ff-4753-8754-2141.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/22248660-1a5e-4a7d-972c-bad7.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/c5d2509e-e240-48a2-b069-ff80.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/ec5c93f2-c1d6-48fc-8aad-7fd1.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/029ce16f-2ab0-4ff0-8809-8184.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/eabfdcec-3925-4539-bf11-5672.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/88699c6c-6b5a-4642-8d7e-ec28.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/514a23cd-687a-478d-aac3-c5b2.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/6ebfe7d3-d188-4571-95ff-b1cc.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/0c608318-ddd3-45b5-a658-878e.jpg

Edited
15 Years Ago by Gorz
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Good move on the Reallusion Front.

However, I would like to suggest a small step for Reallusion that could yield great results...

Point 1)

We, Content Developers need an OEM agreement for using Reallusion Textures on our Products. The spirit of the agreement would be for official CCD to be able to pass the Texture license with our generated content.

The OEM would be limited to the use of Reallusion "Raw Materials" to add value to OEM content targeting the Content Developer Market as such. Currently, I only see Textures as part of the idea but there may be other raw materials that will eventually pop up.

My Guess: Reallusion will sell more texture Packs this way.

Point 2)

Quality is of the outmost importance for the image of your Product. I strongly support the idea of raising the Bar for the promo material and also for the Products that you post on the CCD. With the quantity of content ever growing, web shelf shall be at premium but I assume you do this already.

Point 3)

There should be a vehicle by which Third Party Online Store such as CoolCreators, ClonesToGo and White Tiger (and possibly others I do not know of?) can request some shelf position on the Reallusion CCD Content section of the Reallusion Online Store. This of course could be subject to certain conditions making it a win-win situation for both Reallusion and the Content Providers. Generally speaking, Reallusion's official position and strategy towards third party online store probably needs to be further clarified? For instance, can we post the same product on both sites with a different pricing policy? Could we repackage a bunch of existing single products (e.g. Skintight) into a larger Reallusion Content Pack to grab additional markets through the exposure on the Reallusion site?

Your suggestions/clarifications are well appreciated.

Cheers.

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
15 Years Ago by BigBoss40
karenwood
karenwood
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

It sounds everyone has until May 22 to comply.

Maybe a lot of nonsense will stop now

cheers!

Apparition
Apparition
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
[quote]BigBoss40 (5/8/2009)

Point 3)

There should be a vehicle by which Third Party Online Store such as CoolCreators, ClonesToGo and White Tiger (and possibly others I do not know of?) can request some shelf position on the Reallusion CCD Content section of the Reallusion Online Store. This of course could be subject to certain conditions making it a win-win situation for both Reallusion and the Content Providers. Generally speaking, Reallusion's official position and strategy towards third party online store probably needs to be further clarified? For instance, can we post the same product on both sites with a different pricing policy? Could we repackage a bunch of existing single products (e.g. Skintight) into a larger Reallusion Content Pack to grab additional markets through the exposure on the Reallusion site?

quote]

Regarding this paragraph I would like to express my point of view!

Certainly Reallusion is free to create relations and extend its shelf to other WEB fronts.   But it has to be understood, the move clearly reflects, R.L. has not been gaining any revenues from third party products, sold at other stores, without an agreement on participation and price leverage.    What good would be in allowing a product sold at the RL ContentStore to be sold at a lower price at another one?     It simply would create the customer idea of RL overcharging products!    Quality perception would also be placed in jeopardy, if price differences are allowed.

It would simply redirect ALL sales to those "cheaper" storefronts bringing back the undesired situation, mainly for other CCDs without secondary outlets.

It is logical to assume: in those cases where RL establishes a shelf extension to other stores, those stores should then offer ALL products promoted at the main ContentStore and not only their own, in house products!   Not doing so, would mean unfair competition for those developers not having another outlet to sell.   Hence, ALL products developed with RL tools should pass the R.L. quality test and certification requirements BEFORE getting to any authorized shelf!

I think the new R.L. policies are clear in intention, aim and meaning!

Mike

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

Edited
15 Years Ago by Apparition
Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

It sounds everyone has until May 22 to comply.
Maybe a lot of nonsense will stop now
In reading the three points made in the first post of this thread....I'm not sure what this comment means or how it is relevant.

My packs have always been for commercial use.  I agree that the images need to be top quality and the commercialization guide is very helpful.  Very good suggestions.

With regard to packs being offered in Reallusion store as well as 3rd party stores, I don't believe there are any guidelines that I know of nor any restrictions currently as to price points set lower in 3rd party stores.  Reallusion would have to make this restriction if they so desire.

Lastly, in looking over the commercialization guide, is there a place where all the high quality "cloth images" - the ones used to show which base cloth figure is used - along with that G2 or G3 logo shown on the examples or any other symbols that could be downloaded.  Perhaps this exists, but I don't know where it is.Unsure

Alley

Edited
15 Years Ago by Alley
karenwood
karenwood
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Tudor: What good would be in allowing a product sold at the RL ContentStore to be sold at a lower price at another one?     It simply would create the customer idea of RL overcharging products!    Quality perception would also be placed in jeopardy, if price differences are allowed.

this is the nonsense I was referring to.

there are other nonsense issues, but are not prevalent to this thread, and has nothing to do with your beautiful creations, Alley (smile)

Edited
15 Years Ago by karenwood14
Casina___
Casina___
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Certainly Reallusion is free to create relations and extend its shelf to other WEB fronts.   But it has to be understood, the move clearly reflects, R.L. has not been gaining any revenues from third party products, sold at other stores, without an agreement on participation and price leverage.    What good would be in allowing a product sold at the RL ContentStore to be sold at a lower price at another one?     It simply would create the customer idea of RL overcharging products!    Quality perception would also be placed in jeopardy, if price differences are allowed.

I always wondered about that...why would you go to RL store and buy the very same product when you could purchase it someplace else for less!

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

oh and on quality, im going to try to sell my product back to you, so I need quality stuff you find appealing that makes you want to watch my youtube videos !! lol Smile

an idea for developers that caught me from when I first discovered iclone.

I was thinking that it would be so cool if there were nike, adidas, etc , sports sets , like sweat suits , swim wear etc ..... i think it would be great for both developers and company's to endorse each others work. in the end it helps iclone and the rest of the community as well.
I also would think that companies like those would appreciate the extra advertising as well.
besides all that, i'd have the latest real life fashions on my puppets. My puppets have a show to do and I'd like to dress them in Calvin Klein please lol.

just a thought.

Edited
15 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic