What Camera for Mocap?

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Is the Microsoft camera the only one that will work with Mocap? It is not available here in the Philippines. I have found a used one but I don't know if it is available.
Does it come with the iClone5 Pro bundle or is that just the software?
KenSmile
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, Ken

It looks like from your other posts, you're new to Animation.

IMO, you've made the right decision in exchanging CTA for iClone.

Since it's going to take you some time to learn iClone basics & there are more than enough Character Animations within the Program to fit every conceivable situation, IMO, forget about MOCAP, which is an expensive & unreliable toy (gimmick).

I'll add some iClone Tutorials to this Post, for your perusal:

Anyone-else?

Welcome to the Forum,

You'll find a lot of Video Tutorials by Reallusion & Forum Members.

However the question of "But where do I start?" still remains.

IMO, the best way to start (Others may differ), is to go through Stuckon3D's Free Video Tutorials, which cover iClone Basics. These are based on iClone 4, which don't include the many new Features in iC5.

Warlord's Purchase Tutorial Book also based on iC4 but with iC5 new Features added, goes into the basics in more depth, with his own Content provided for individual Project-based Tutorials.

Mark's advanced Free Tutorials cover specific "How do I do this" requests, in a User friendly manner.

TUTORIALS:

1) Stuckon3D

Here; https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic31003-33-1.aspx

2) Warlord:

Here; http://www.iclonebeginnersguide.com/

3) Mark's advanced Free Tutorials:

Here;
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB19A9CF2BCAE5FAF

4) Reallusion iC5 Video Tutorials

Here; http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_training.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Kencoon7 (8/3/2014)
Is the Microsoft camera the only one that will work with Mocap? It is not available here in the Philippines. I have found a used one but I don't know if it is available.
Does it come with the iClone5 Pro bundle or is that just the software?
KenSmile

Currently, the market's most popular depth cameras are the Microsoft Kinect Sensors. However you may consider other depth cam devices like the ones offered by PrimeSense or the ASUS Xtion. We recommend the Kinect For Windows model as this offers the most features. You can also use the Kinect For Xbox which is widely available from most gaming stores.

Note: The Kinect hardware is not included with the Mocap Device Plugin or iClone and requires separate purchase.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

You are right about me being new. I have been playing with it all morning and have managed to get a few things on the screen but not much else. I did have a problem and still have it with the G5clothing thing that came with my purchase. When I try to use it I get sent to the screen to download it. When I try to download it I get the message that I already have it. When I try to install it I get one that says I need to take the one I already have off before I install it again.??
BTW. thanks for the help. I am 74 and trying to get my 10 year old interested.
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"Kencoon7 (8/5/2014)
You are right about me being new. I have been playing with it all morning and have managed to get a few things on the screen but not much else. I did have a problem and still have it with the G5clothing thing that came with my purchase. When I try to use it I get sent to the screen to download it. When I try to download it I get the message that I already have it. When I try to install it I get one that says I need to take the one I already have off before I install it again.??
BTW. thanks for the help. I am 74 and trying to get my 10 year old interested."

You're probably referring to the G5 Outfit Collection (See Screenshot).

These are Bonus items (Together with Accessories in the Accessories Tab), which need to be Downloaded either from Reallusion Website (When you Select just one of them) or from your Reallusion Account Page / Product History / iClone 5 / Bonus & Upgrade /Bonus items (Whatever). The other Bonus Items are good to have. So, Download them as well.

Just continue with the Installation & ignore any confusing messages.

iClone is a very cheap Program for what you can ultimately achieve with it. So expect some of the instructions to be illogical.

Just concentrate in doing very simple stuff to begin with, using Templates. Eg: Import a 3D Scene / Add a Sky / Add 2 Characters / Add Motions etc.

Go through the Tutorials I Posted. If you have a problem, Post in the relevant Forum.

The Character in my Screenshot is Pinhead. Go to his Website & join-in the next year's Project. That's something both you & your Son can look forward to & try-out your animation skills.

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am going through the videos slowly. I have to download them so I can view them anytime. My Internet slows down in the afternoon.
KenSmile
BTW. Thanks for the information.
guenny_0815
guenny_0815
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi peter,

you have not answered the question whether the Kincet is the one and only that will work with the mocap-plugin!

On your webside it is also very confusing and unclear about this question!

What are the features of the kinect-sensor that do not exist on the Xtion or other Sensors?

guenny

Reading This Topic