I think it would be pretty amazing if Reallusion made a webcam based facial recognition plugin for Unity specifically for game mode facial expressions.
- Users that don't use Unity could still benefit from recording facial animation in iClone
- 3Dxchange pipeline allows the ability to export captured animation for Unity or Maya etc...
- Multi-players in game play see each other's facial expressions ( I know this is development specifically for a completely different system but as a major break through, immersive and potentially widely sought after concept, however it may cover a few years of advertising costs alone due to interest)
- smile or frown as a cartoon, Zombie, soldier, monster etc as you meet or defeat one another!
- potential lip sync to drive your character's mouth movements from sounds or voice over ip etc.
- Perhaps advertised as the new Meet or Defeat Social plugin for games everywhere. (Games and websites Unity Webplayer and WebGL etc)
| i7 -4790K 4.0GHz | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB | GTX 970 x4 | Window10 | Zbrush 2018 & Keyshot | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iClone Pro & 3D Exchange Pipeline 7 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu
Everything here was modeled in Zbrush, Rigged in Akeytsu, animated in iClone 7 and Rendered in Indigo Render 3X - Fully Noobed, no years of experience, must have vision and drive -completely oblivious to time.
Scene was almost 3 Million polygons. Since it wasn't covered in any tutorials or the manual I learned the hard way.. Set iClone to use quick shader and set any displacement to 0 when exporting to Indigo Project files. Enable any displacement levels in Indigo.