Profile Picture

Can mouth movements be made without using teeth?

Posted By chicagoDannyD 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
chicagoDannyD
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Here's my question:  I am wish to make a video of aliens.  The aliens will say words, but will not have teeth in their mouth.  I have not yet purchased Crazy Talk.  So, I assume that the software, comes with templates of mouths and lips, all of them having teeth.  Can I make my aliens say words and move their lips and mouths, but showing no teeth.  That's a big question for me because alien characters typically do not have teeth, and having teeth would destroy the "realism" of the characters.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the Forum!

to answer your question, yes. - CTA characters are very customizable

and aliens have teeth. Alien

chicagoDannyD
chicagoDannyD
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)Junior Member (229 reputation)

My aliens characters are intended to be completely friendly and will not have teeth.  No other interpretation is possible for my project, so the software must absolutely fill my graphic needs or I can not use it.   
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
chicagoDannyD (7/8/2014)
Here's my question:  I am wish to make a video of aliens.  The aliens will say words, but will not have teeth in their mouth.  I have not yet purchased Crazy Talk.  So, I assume that the software, comes with templates of mouths and lips, all of them having teeth.  Can I make my aliens say words and move their lips and mouths, but showing no teeth.  That's a big question for me because alien characters typically do not have teeth, and having teeth would destroy the "realism" of the characters.

Hi Danny,

When you create a talking character in CrazyTalk 7 it will have no teeth by default. If you don't wish your alien character to have any teeth, then you simply leave it as it is and just add your facial animation. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

chicagoDannyD
chicagoDannyD
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter:

Thanks for the exact answer. That's all I needed.

Reading This Topic