Profile Picture

How to export the "lips" keyframes?

Posted By erikh2000 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
erikh2000
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I really like CT's automated lip sync. It works quite well! I had given up on automated lip sync solutions years back, but it seems that Reallusion has figured it out.

But I don't want to use CT to render the face. In fact, I've written separate software to control the animation of my characters including head and face. I just want that lip sync track (shows as "Lips" under "Viseme" in the dope sheet).

Export options only allow animation and image formats. I'm hoping I missed something after scanning through all the options and dialogs a few times.

The ct7 file format is binary and there are no docs/API for accessing it. So it's a black box to me. Same for the files stored on the Crazytalk hosting service.

The APIs for the interactive plugins (Unity, Web) don't expose keyframe data as far as I can tell. I would happily purchase either of these if they did.

It seems there is no path to having the keyframe data itself. ARGH! Tell me I'm wrong!

-Erik
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Erik,

Unfortunately you are not wrong. Facial animation and the lip-sync data are stored in a file with the ct7script extension. This is an internal format used by CrazyTalk. It isn't possible to export the lip-sync data alone for use externally outside of CrazyTalk and the plugins.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

erikh2000
erikh2000
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)

Peter (RL) (7/7/2014)
Hi Erik,

Unfortunately you are not wrong. Facial animation and the lip-sync data are stored in a file with the ct7script extension. This is an internal format used by CrazyTalk. It isn't possible to export the lip-sync data alone for use externally outside of CrazyTalk and the plugins.

Ah, that makes me sad, because the auto lip sync in CrazyTalk is very good--better than other products I've evaluated recently.

Is the Unity plugin a precompiled DLL or does it ship with source (e.g. CSharp/Javascript). If there is source, then I may be able to study it to learn the viseme keyframes and get them into an exportable format my game engine can use.

-Erik
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
you can test it
http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/unity-trial.aspx

It isn't possible to export the lip-sync data alone for use externally outside of CrazyTalk and the plugins.

...also this plugin can only play premade animation create with CT7 in Unity

Here is the Api Dokument that shows what is possible in Unity

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/Unity-Avatar-API-v1.00.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

erikh2000
erikh2000
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Vidi, thanks!

I hadn't realized the Unity Plugin had a trial download. Just opened it in Unity and confirmed that the source code is not included--only DLLs.

I had earlier read through the API. While it looks really cool, there is no way I can see to export viseme keyframes.

I can think of different good reasons from Reallusion's POV to not make the data available, and certainly I'm not upset. But it looks like I've hit a dead end for using CT for my project. Hopefully, there will be some future project I'll use it for.

-Erik

Reading This Topic