HEAT

Posted By 3DStory 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
3DStory
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Everyone,

Here is my entry, which is the climactic battle scene from my latest Pinhead movie, Mr. & Mrs. Pinhead

Enjoy!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/5b5f10b8-8e56-40e9-affb-d47d.gif

BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Excellent scene! Perfectly executed. Love it!

Cool

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/iclone/author/biggstrek

vlado
vlado
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hallo 3dstory

Great cartoon battle movie. Very elaborately made​​. Especially, certain effects were usedWink

Very elaborately made​​. Especially, certain effects were used.
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Great scene. Loved the attention to details and the camerawork. Good luck!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

3DStory
3DStory
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Thank you!

I didn't want to go 'too far' (or too realistic) with the effects, otherwise it might get kicked of YouTube Wink

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Pretty amazing true to life animation detail, Daniel.Smile

That helicopter is exactly how helicopters land. Most if us would have just plonked it straight down on the ground (well - Me, anyway). Ermm

How you guys with unrelated daytime jobs manage to produce such outstanding Professional stuff, beats me.

As you know, I'm not into blood 'n' guts Clips. However your PH Clip is a Pixar production. Going to have to give it top marks in the On-line Vote, I'm afraid  Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Hey Daniel, curious minds want to know: how did you achieve the bullet/shell casings being ejected from the (sub)machine guns?

I ask this as I just happened to do the same effect in my movie this week (which I hope to have done by the deadline) and was wondering if you did it a better way (actually yours looks better, so it IS better...)

Mine was done with a custom particle emitter.

Wow

3DStory
3DStory
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Peter - Thanks! There is only one way to produce so much work in parallel to a full time job … Pinhead obsession!

@Phil - The ejected bullet casings, muzzle flashes and the odd blood splatters were all composed in Adobe After Effects. I composed a pre-keyed video of a spinning bullet casing over the iClone footage. Then to animate the casing, I just set up two or three position keyframes, the eject location, the top of the bullet casing arc and where it might land (usually offscreen). The top arc keyframe is set to easy-easy or whatever AE keyframe type makes it look slower at the top. All the SFX footage I purchased from Video Co-Pilot (Action Essentials Pack). Look forward to seeing your battle video!

BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

3DStory (7/10/2014)
@Peter - Thanks! There is only one way to produce so much work in parallel to a full time job … Pinhead obsession!

@Phil - The ejected bullet casings, muzzle flashes and the odd blood splatters were all composed in Adobe After Effects. I composed a pre-keyed video of a spinning bullet casing over the iClone footage. Then to animate the casing, I just set up two or three position keyframes, the eject location, the top of the bullet casing arc and where it might land (usually offscreen). The top arc keyframe is set to easy-easy or whatever AE keyframe type makes it look slower at the top. All the SFX footage I purchased from Video Co-Pilot (Action Essentials Pack). Look forward to seeing your battle video!

It worked really well! Nice job. Thanks for the explanation! (Back to filming for me... rush rush rush!)

mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Ahhh...girls with grenade launchers and GE Mini-Guns....what's not to love!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic