Adding a morphed voice

Posted By lola.t 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Crazy
lola.t
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm having a terrible time with this. If I record my voice, it records for about 5 seconds than I get this message:

Buffer Underrun Error. Please lower the Sample Rate or Size, and try again.

If I lower the hz / bit, I get a slow motion voice. What I want is a silly kid's voice. I really like the "kid talking" in the "voice scripts", but it doesn't appear that that is intended to be a filter for morphing my voice or a texted voice. How can I get a kid's voice? And how do I get it to record a full sentence w/o the error?

I tried morphing the voice I record. I can't get it to apply it to my recorded voice before I record or to get it to effect what I have recorded. The free app people use has great voices, I would think this would be even better.

I'm animating a dog, so I want a playful high-pitched cute voice that records for at least 30 seconds. Any advise? The sales pitch says it can record for 15 minutes.

This is what the settings are at default. Is that correct?
22050 hx -- 16 bit

I'm feeling quite lost. Crying Please help. Thanks!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi lola,

a buffer underrun usually means an audio cache somewhere in your system is set too low, and/ or your system isn't processing it fast enough. Not sure what kind of audio set up you have in your system, but that's where i'd check first. - i'd look for words like latency - which is usually tied to the audio buffer. The lower the latency, the lower the cache size, the faster a system needs to be to process the audio in real time. so for slower systems, you'd need to increase the latency to allow the computer enough time to process a cache size it can handle without causing the buffer to overflow, which causes a buffer underrun error in most programs - because it's more a sound card thing than a software thing.

Cheers Smile

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
lola.t
lola.t
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)

Thank you for your fast reply! I was just using the built in input on my mac and I have no clue how to adjust that. I decided to try recording the voices in ableton and use it as a voice file and that is working fine. BigGrin

Do you happen to know if Crazytalk7 pro lets you animate more than one image? I just bought this and I thought it would do that. If pro does, I'll see if they will let me exchange it.

Thanks!!!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

ya, definitely a cache / latency thing then - i've had that same error with logic audio on mac, especially when using synths and trying to get it to play real time. which is what prompted me to answer this post hehe - i'm guessing that if you are using ableton there's a good chance you are using a separate audio card too - check the latency settings on it, if that's the case.

On CT7 - sorry, i don't have that version, so i can't answer that - one of our other members can better answer that one for you. BigGrin

Cheers!

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
lola.t
lola.t
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

It's running through M-Audio interface. I'm guessing that is an audio card. It's working perfectly now, and I can really perfect the voice this way. Anyway, thank you so much for helping me. The video bits I'm making in crazy voice are going into a bigger video in final cut so I'll just make 2 videos w/ greenscreen and lay them on top of each other. I think that will work. Smile

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ya, that's an external audio card Smile

Glad I could help, keep us posted on your creations, with gear like that it sounds you are doing epic stuff!! w00t

Cheers!

Reading This Topic