Unable to uninstall trial iClone5 Pro to install full version

Posted By StreamingTrout 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Unable to uninstall trial iClone5 Pro to install full version

Author
StreamingTrout
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
During an installation of iClone 5 Pro, the setup program complained that another version (trial) was installed - which is true. i can't use the Win7 system uninstallation because iClone5 does not show up on the list. Direct deletion did not work (though I may not have found all the files to delete). I did not (yet) edit the registry, though I did find Reallusion entries in it. I figured I'd ask for feedback here before I went that route.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
You should have been able to remove the trial version under All Programs>Reallusion>Uninstall. If you have just tried to delete a few folders then the details are still stored in the registry.

Running a registry cleaner may help, but you could also end up with some messed-up folders on your system.

Take a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion and remove anything to do with iClone.

Also look in C:\Users\All Users for anything to do with Reallusion as well as in C:\Users\Public\Documents.

After that your reg cleaner should be run. If you don't have a reg cleaner on your system then you might want to have a look for ccleaner - it's pretty good.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
StreamingTrout (6/28/2014)
During an installation of iClone 5 Pro, the setup program complained that another version (trial) was installed - which is true. i can't use the Win7 system uninstallation because iClone5 does not show up on the list. Direct deletion did not work (though I may not have found all the files to delete). I did not (yet) edit the registry, though I did find Reallusion entries in it. I figured I'd ask for feedback here before I went that route.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi..

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

If you contact us at Support using the link below, we will give you a special registry cleaner to remove your iClone5 trial registry data. This will enable you to install the full version.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic