UV unwrapping in max 2011

Posted By rcsinger29 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rcsinger29
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
As the peel function is not available in max 2011, I had been struggling to efficiently unwrap complex geometry in this version. Pelt and relax works well for symmetrical and simple geometry but with more complex shapes, aside from manually moving the verticies, I cannot seem to find an efficient method of unwrapping that works well.

Any advice?

The best option I have found is to place seams (sometimes in places I don't want seems) and pelt, then manually move the verticies into place without using relax.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rcsinger29
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Thanks sw000p. I have 2013 but its on my old HDD and runs like snail. I need to pull it over to me new drive but haven't messed with it yet.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Somewhat, I am at work right now and not able to look at my computer. I haven't had the chance to watch the video yet but I do understand the concept of exporting and importing into multiple different platforms to accomplish things as I currently do this with a plethora of tools. I just don't have access to 2013 at the moment. Was looking for a way to do it directly in 2011. I pulled up 2013 last night from the old hard drive and it was a no go; too slow.

Reading This Topic