holographic video help!!

Posted By emreboz34 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
emreboz34
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi everyone.
I'm a novice user of iClone. I'm making a new animation. hologram concert. I have prepared my character. but.
I need to make the background black for holographic image.
character does not give the full effect of a hologram. I have a problem with the camera angle. 2 sample video for you.

this is my video I = http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=aTdJtK-mp34
this example hologram = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNfwSsEC12E

I would like to help you for this hologram. My hologram is not realistic Sad

Sorry my english language bad Sad
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi emrestyl,

First, welcome to the family!! BigGrin

the link you submitted ( of your version ) was apparently to your own access inside your account from the editing page - so it's a dead link to me.

but my first gut reaction is , to get the effect you want, you will need to composit it.

Meaning do it with green screen so you can have different contrasts and effects separate from the background vs the characters.

if you look at the various hologram concerts, while things look realistic, they look - semi-realistic, meaning that it looks more like a stand alone movie that doesn't perfectly blend in with the environment, than looking like a real person standing there. Basically you can tell a hologram when you see it.

trying to do it all with one lighting in iclone will defeat that look because it's all coming from the same light source with the same shadows and effects.

doing this with green screen layers in a video editor will give you more control to separate / distinguish the look and give it more of that synthetic / hologram effect.

you can even see it with the model in the demo video you posted, she has this small black glow around her body that doesn't fit in with the environment, making her look synthetic / surreal.

holograms will always be slightly degraded from reality in look, they are after all immaterial and not solid. so they will always look a little 'ghosty'

I hope this helps,

Cheers Smile

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
emreboz34
emreboz34
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
dear planetstardragon

Thank you very much for your answer. I did not understand my real subject of camera settings, depth effect.

In the meantime, you can watch my video.

I wanted a tutorial on this subject Could you please help? Smile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
try this one.

Reading This Topic