How do I know that I have iClone 5 64 bit

Posted By bruceberg 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bruceberg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Gang...In the last two weeks I went from Win7 32 bit to Win8.1 64 bit. I actually installed my entire system on a new Hard drive, and added memory to 16 gb. The sole reason for doing so was because of iClone 5. I wanted to be able to use more memory and render my files in h264. So I've reinstalled everything and think I have a working system, but how do I know if I'm using iClone 64bit? Also, what do I have to do to render in h264. Is there a help file somewhere? Thanks for any help! (next grandkid centric animation is a time travel/pirate movieSmile
Regards...Bruce Berg
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Bruce,

It should be in your Start / Iclone folder - it should have a clear label icon with a (64 bit ) next to it.

If you don't have that icon, then you should uninstall and reinstall with a fresh download and that should correct it as updating older versions of iclone apparently didn't add that icon.

Cheers!! Cool

bruceberg
bruceberg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Thanks for the comeback. I checked everywhere I know to look on my system and I see no iClone icon that identifies 64 bit. So to be clear, based on your advice, I should uninstall iClone completely and redownload the main program and all of it's patches and updates. Then reinstall everything again. When I uninstall iClone, will that have the effect of deleting all of the characters and content I've built up over the last two years? And will this reinstall cause a problem with the license thing? Just trying to keep my ducks in a row. Some aspects of this move to Win8.1 have gone happily smooth and some have been hair raisingCrazy Thanks for your assistance!!!
Regards...Bruce
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
bruceberg (5/27/2014)
Thanks for the comeback. I checked everywhere I know to look on my system and I see no iClone icon that identifies 64 bit. So to be clear, based on your advice, I should uninstall iClone completely and redownload the main program and all of it's patches and updates. Then reinstall everything again. When I uninstall iClone, will that have the effect of deleting all of the characters and content I've built up over the last two years? And will this reinstall cause a problem with the license thing? Just trying to keep my ducks in a row. Some aspects of this move to Win8.1 have gone happily smooth and some have been hair raisingCrazy Thanks for your assistance!!!
Regards...Bruce

Hi Bruce,

There is no need to install anything except the latest version of iClone. If you log in to your account and click on "Patches/Updates" beside your iClone product information this will open a new window giving you the option to either download the Current release version: v5.51 - which is a full version installer - and the v5.5 and 5.51 patches. You don't need the patches, so save some download time.

Regarding uninstalling iClone, Make sure that your PC is connected to the internet before you uninstall - this resets your install count. No custom content or extra purchased content should be removed from your system. But to be absolutely positive it is always better to make a copy of your content folders before doing an uninstall.

You will need to re-install the "Resource Pack" and the "Bonus G5 Outfit Developer Collection" - both packs can also be downloaded from your account page.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask before doing anything that you are unsure about - there are enough users around to help out.Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

bruceberg
bruceberg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks all for the replies. I'm going to start this morning.
Regards...Bruce
bruceberg
bruceberg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just a quick note of thanks for all the help. Did the uninstall/reinstall operation this morning and everything works great so far. I do have one more question (NaturallyTongue) Do I need to do the same with 3dXchange? Thanks again!!!
Regards...Bruce
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
bruceberg (5/28/2014)
Do I need to do the same with 3dXchange?

No, 3DXchange is 32-bit only.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

bruceberg
bruceberg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks again all! Now, back to the Pirates...ArrghWink

Reading This Topic