New features wish list

Posted By bigrah_2000 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bigrah_2000
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to the Iclone scene but being an experienced filmmaker and editor I have a few suggestions as to what I would like to see in future release of I clone these include

The ability to manipulate props and characters with a joystick

One button to clear animation from any element not just cams and lights

Some tools to sweeten the audio like add echo, or reverb or filters.

Another Feature that I feel is badly needed is the addition of a render queue. it would be nice to be able to send your finished clips to the queue at night and wake to find all of the previouse days work rendered and waiting for you.

I really love this program and I can tell I will be spending countless hours exploring the possibilities. and please check out my Feature film preview located here

Hasan Rasheed
Writer/Director
Philadelphia, Pa

Edited
10 Years Ago by bigrah_2000
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thank you for the suggestions. These will be considered for future upgrades. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
bigrah_2000 (5/11/2014)

One button to clear animation from any element not just cams and lights

Right-click on the prop, and select "Remove all animation".

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

bsperan
bsperan
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
bigrah_2000 (5/11/2014)
...Some tools to sweeten the audio like add echo, or reverb or filters.

That might be handy. But isn't it easy enough to add echo, reverb, and/or audio filters via an audio editor? This can be done even with free solutions like Audacity. (Indeed, even some video editing software includes echo and/or reverb.) I mean, if one is doing a serious project then one will probably need to - at the minimum - trim the voice clips and normalize the sound effects, music and voices. So one would be using an audio editor anyway.

Just saying it seems a bit redundant to me.

But, to be fair, there are various visual effects that have been asked for numerous times which are available in video editing software. Though, I'm not sure such features come as standard issue with free (or cheap) video editors. Personally, I think it makes more sense for iClone to support a couple of the more commonly used visual effects than to incorporate audio effects.
Edited
10 Years Ago by bsperan
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
nay on the effects - it will only eat up resources, and there are way better specialty software to do that ...from free to paid. - including sony movie studio that comes with those effects and more. iclone needs all the resources it can get in iclone 6 to make better renders and animations.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
No on audio effects from me too. There's no need and there are better ways.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

rchai
rchai
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
For my workflow ... I render scenes from iClone and use an NLE to put all scenes together (including footage not from iClone). I prefer to use the the NLE to do audio sweetening as that is the single place where I can see how the entire video or short film fits in.

for me, +1 to iClone on improving animation tools and render quality.
- 1 to spending resources and eating system resources for audio sweetening.
Basic audio input for "timing" the sequence is enough.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
For me?

-0.9 because I agree about NOT adding on "fancy" audio tools as described by others

+0.1 for improved audio VOLUME CONTROL

I'd like to be able to change the volume of individual voice-over lines after recording.  Not fancy, very basic, but a nice improvement.  Same for imported audio on props and things like that.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic