Posted By aliel94 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Stop a character at the middle path then restart him after a pause

Author
aliel94
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have CTA 2 Pro.

I would like to move by walking my character, then I want he stops to do something or talk to another character, and then continues on his path. but I don't know how to stop him at the middle path, the time to make the action (speak to another character for example) without continuing to walk.
Thank’s for your help
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It's all about keyframes. In the transform channel in the timeline, there should be a keyframe in the first frame which represents where they begin. At the point in the walk where you want them to stop, add a keyframe (there's an add keyframe button in the top toolbar of the timeline, but you must click in the transform channel in the frame you want the keyframe to appear). Then copy that keyframe and paste it to the frame right before you want the character to begin walking again, then from there finish out your walk.

I'd also like to point out that if you're using a walking motion clip, you'll most likely have to break it into segments so they don;t keep walking in place when they hit the spot you want them to stop at.
Edited
10 Years Ago by wizaerd
aliel94
aliel94
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thank you very much for your help and your fast answer BigGrin, I begin with CrazyTalk 2, so far I made simple animations, and I see that I have still a lot of things to learn.
Merci beaucoup Wink

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Understanding basic keyframing techniques isn't really specific to CrazyTalk Animator, they're pretty much traditional animation techniques in any software package. I tried to find a YouTube tutorial specific to this very thing, but alas, my search wasn't very fruitful. Although Reallusion does have some timeline tutorials available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KnSHMHFvcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdnH-_qGG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1vxVOroqP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eisSphZyrkE

I've also attached a ZIP file with some screen captures explaining the steps I outlined in my initial response. I don;t really have the capabilities (nor inclination) to record video.

Pic 1: Starting point with Prop (character) in the first frame.

Pic 2: Move the playhead in the timeline to where you want the animation to end, then move your prop (character) to the new spot. You'll see the green line showing the path of the object, as well as a new keyframe in the Transform channel in the timeline.

Pic 3: Where you want your prop (character) to stop moving, double click that frame in the Transform channel of the timeline, and a new keyframe will be added.

Pic 4: Right click that new keyframe and in the popup menu choose Copy.

Pic 5: Where you want your prop (character) to begin moving again, right click that frame in the Transform channel of the timeline and choose Paste from the popup menu.

Pic 6: Your timeline should now have 4 keyframes for your prop (character) in the transform channel. If you move the playhead to the beginning, and press play your prop (character) should begin moving, stop and stay stopped for a short while, then begin moving again.

Pic 7: There are also different keyframe interpolations for interpreting how smoothly these keyframes are interpreted. I'd suggest reading more about them in the manual.

Again, learning and understanding basic keyframing techniques will go a long way towards helping you in your future animation endeavours, regardless of the program you choose to use.
Attachments
ScreenShots.zip (469 views, 1.00 MB)

Reading This Topic