Profile Picture

Can't import one of my photos to make a character.

Posted By Oaneyl 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Oaneyl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi there,

I'm a bit desperating, I have CrazyTalk Animator 1 PRO, and have been looking for a solution on my own all day long.

I try to make a character tell a story. I created a little rabbit (the one I want to tell this story), I saw on Youtube and all over in the Internet that we could use our own photos to create original characters, from head to toe. I can create the face, but i(s impossible to create the other parts of the body, I guess I would be able to see an icon like "Import media" or something, but that's not the case. When I click on "create a character" (with the body icon on the left) I can only choose between the layers into the software, but cannot import mine. When I try to navigate into my folders, I can't import .png, .gif or .jpg files, but I saw it was possible.

The question is: what did I do wrong? Can you guys tell me how to import a photo from my computer TO the software to make A COMPLETE body (not just the face).

Thank you very much.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Assuming you do in fact mean version 1, here are a couple of tutorials and a link to the manual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvo83Qjx_2s
http://www.downloaddailymotion.com/video/11135029-shin-won-ho.html
http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/Animator/help/animator/pro/

If however you mean version 2, there is no built in way of doing so in version 2, it was removed due to complicates with the 360 degree characters, although you could do it manually by breaking your image up in an image editor and importing the sprites one by one in the Chatacter COmposer.
Oaneyl
Oaneyl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)

Ok thank you very much. I used to use CrazyTalk Animator 1, but even if I follow the steps of the files you sent me, it doesn't work, I can't find an icon to import the complete body.

I will try the same with CTA 2, by importing each sprite, but I have a question: can I import sprite wich are edited in .png, .jpeg or .gif, or must I use a specifical format to import them? (The software doesn't seem to recognize my files and folders).
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
Oaneyl (5/5/2014)
Ok thank you very much. I used to use CrazyTalk Animator 1, but even if I follow the steps of the files you sent me, it doesn't work, I can't find an icon to import the complete body.

I will try the same with CTA 2, by importing each sprite, but I have a question: can I import sprite wich are edited in .png, .jpeg or .gif, or must I use a specifical format to import them? (The software doesn't seem to recognize my files and folders).

If you are using CrazyTalk Animator 1 Pro then you just have to select "Actor Creator" from the left hand toolbar and then "Import Image". This will open a dialog box allowing you to choose a full body image in JPG, BMP, PNG, TGA and GIF.

Both CTA1 and CTA2 allow you to use these same image formats for character creation.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Oaneyl
Oaneyl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi, thanks for the answers.

I realized there was an icon to create a character just before the icon "create a face", but I can't find it on my software. I realized I had the standard version, I looked for the pro one yesterday, but couldn't find it (When I downloaded the software it was supposed to be the PRO version though, but when I open it, it's the standard one).

Does anyone know how to change that?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
Oaneyl (5/6/2014)
Hi, thanks for the answers.

I realized there was an icon to create a character just before the icon "create a face", but I can't find it on my software. I realized I had the standard version, I looked for the pro one yesterday, but couldn't find it (When I downloaded the software it was supposed to be the PRO version though, but when I open it, it's the standard one).

Does anyone know how to change that?

I have checked your account using your forum email address and can't see any products registered. If you personal message me with the account details you purchased CTA with I will check this for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic