Licensing on mac & PC.

Posted By stevew 10 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
stevew
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi,

I have crazytalk animator 2 pro on PC.

Can I use this serial number on the Mac version or do I have to pay for the Mac version ?

Cheers

SteveW

FYI the mac version when you click upgrade to full version the link is dead.

http://www.reallusion.com/templates/linkcount/www.reallusion.com/go/crazytalk/Mac-Animator2-upgrade/special.asp

Edited
10 Years Ago by stevew
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Steve

Unfortunately you can't use your CTA2 Windows serial number for the Mac version. Both are treated as separate products. If you have recently purchased CTA2 for Windows and wish to switch to the Mac version then we can normally accommodate this on a one off basis. You won't be able to switch back though without purchasing again.

Please contact Customer Support using the link below if you wish to do this.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

stevew
stevew
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I contacted them and was disappointed by the response:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Reallusion.

Mac and PC are different version, we are sorry that we don’t provide switch version service.

Thanks for your understanding.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Jollen
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.

As they are not different versions ( ver 2.1) this seems unfair as I prefer to work on the mac version so I don't have to fire up VMware each time I need to use it. Most companies allow either a PC or Mac licence for the same product.

Cheers

Stevew
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Hi Steve,

As I mentioned in my previous reply that if you purchased recently then we can normally help you switch to the Mac version but it is not standard policy.

Can I ask when you purchased CrazyTalk Animator 2 For Windows?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gschellert
gschellert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I`m also interested in this. I`m a mac user, but recently bought a Wacom Cintiq Companion which runs on Win 8.1. Now I`m thinking about buying CTA 2, but I can't decide if I want the windows-version for my Cintiq Companion or better the new mac version. Another problem is that if I want to have more customization options I have to buy the "pipeline"-version of CTA2 which requires IClone which is only available for windows. It would be nice if I can work on both platforms on a project at the same time. So are there any plans to offer a cross platform license or a mac/pc bundle of some kind?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

gschellert (4/25/2014)
I`m also interested in this. I`m a mac user, but recently bought a Wacom Cintiq Companion which runs on Win 8.1. Now I`m thinking about buying CTA 2, but I can't decide if I want the windows-version for my Cintiq Companion or better the new mac version. Another problem is that if I want to have more customization options I have to buy the "pipeline"-version of CTA2 which requires IClone which is only available for windows. It would be nice if I can work on both platforms on a project at the same time. So are there any plans to offer a cross platform license or a mac/pc bundle of some kind?

At the present time there are no plans to introduce a bundle or cross platform license price for CTA2 Windows/Mac but I will pass your suggestion on to our Sales team. Thanks for the feedback.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

stevew (4/24/2014)
I contacted them and was disappointed by the response:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Reallusion.

Mac and PC are different version, we are sorry that we don’t provide switch version service.

Thanks for your understanding.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Jollen
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.

As they are not different versions ( ver 2.1) this seems unfair as I prefer to work on the mac version so I don't have to fire up VMware each time I need to use it. Most companies allow either a PC or Mac licence for the same product.

Cheers

Stevew

I have sent you a personal message regarding this (it contains good news). Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There appears to be a little confusion about switching from Windows to Mac versions of CrazyTalk Animator 2.

Please let me clarify:-

As I mentioned previously, if you have purchased recently (within 30 days to be precise) then Customer Support will be able to help you refund your Windows version and you can then purchase the Mac version of CTA2.

If you purchased CTA2 for Windows outside of the 30 day limit then I'm afraid you can't switch your Windows version to the Mac version free of charge. However upgrade prices are in effect should you wish to purchase the Mac version in addition to the Windows version.

I hope this helps clear up and misunderstanding.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I like how you tell people they can switch, then can't, and make up the rules as you go along all to piss off customers.

CTA didn't have a Mac version when I bought, and iClone still doesn't, so I bought Windows to run on bootcamp. I don't use iClone at all, and CTA only if I need to pose one of my custom 360 models. Finally, ZBrush and another program is now multiplatform so I deleted bootcamp. Then I get the most typical unfriendly response blaming me and trying to sell me something I already own and don't need. 

Why get in the way of the customer? Reallusion just lost me as a customer for life by not swapping. I don't want two versions of the same thing. I want to never use windows again. That's what I want. I was considering to upgrade to CTA 4 (and CT 9 when and if it ever comes out) if I could swap CT8 to Mac. Now that won't happen. Why so hostile towards loyal customers?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

GreedyPeopleSuck (6/18/2019)

Why get in the way of the customer? Reallusion just lost me as a customer for life by not swapping. I don't want two versions of the same thing. I want to never use windows again. That's what I want. I was considering to upgrade to CTA 4 (and CT 9 when and if it ever comes out) if I could swap CT8 to Mac. Now that won't happen. Why so hostile towards loyal customers?

Mac and Windows versions are treated as separate products which is why you can't just swap between the two. However, you don't have to pay full price for the Mac version as you can purchase it for the upgrade price. That has always been our policy since the introduction of separate Mac versions. 

While I understand you are not happy with this policy, it is also worth considering the other benefits we offer to customers which many other companies do not. For example, we allow you to download your programs again at any time totally free. Many companies make you pay extra to be able to redownload again later. We also allow you to install on two computers and deactivate from those computers if you need to install on a different computer. Many other companies will charge extra or make you pay in full again if you want to move your product to another computer.

Really it is worth looking at the bigger picture before making hasty decisions (and before going to the bother of changing your username to "GreedyPeopleSuck). Whistling

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic