Newbie Question: Toon Town, Avatar Toolkit 2 with Iclone 5

Posted By Joey-D 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Newbie Question: Toon Town, Avatar Toolkit 2 with Iclone 5

Author
Joey-D
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I had a question regarding using Iclone 5. If I bought the standard version, would I be able to use Toon Town and Avatar Toolkit 2 with IClone, or would I require a pro version for that? Also, for the $64 price tag on Toon Town and also purchasing Avatar Toolkit 2, would whatever content I create be royalty free(Meaning I can sell it with out royalty charges)?

Thanks in advance. I tried looking this stuff up, but a lot of it was unclear. Thanks again.
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the Forum, Joey Smile

Which iClone Version you purchase depends upon what you want to use iClone for.

iClone Standard is a very stripped-down PRO Version, without a Timeline. You really need that if you're going to get anywhere with iClone. You could become frustrated very quickly without it.

iClone 5.5 is the current Version. iClone 6 is under Development. Release date approx. last quarter 20014, with  more Features & customisable User Interface. No pricing yet.

It depends whether or not the User Interface will differ much from iC5. If it does, I see no point in purchasing iC5.5 now. If it retains the "Core" User Interface & depending upon the pricing, purchasing iC5.5 nearer the Release date "might" entitle you to a Free Copy of iC6 when it's Released. Which is what's happened in the past.

Anyone-else?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
"release date approx. last quarter 20014"

Peter,

I hope iClone6 will arrive earlier: I do not plan to live that long Tongue

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Joey-D
Joey-D
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Well that is good to know. I am torn between versions as I would like the Avatar kit and Toon Town, but both cost some cash and with the Pro version, I would be going above my budget. I read that in the Standard version, you are not able to use plugins/bases. So I was wondering if that meant that Toon Town and Avatar Toolkit wouldn't work with IClone 5.5 Standard. Or would it work, it just would mean the advanced features are not activated(as you mentioned, like a timeline)?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 57 minutes ago
Joey-D (4/20/2014)
Well that is good to know. I am torn between versions as I would like the Avatar kit and Toon Town, but both cost some cash and with the Pro version, I would be going above my budget. I read that in the Standard version, you are not able to use plugins/bases. So I was wondering if that meant that Toon Town and Avatar Toolkit wouldn't work with IClone 5.5 Standard. Or would it work, it just would mean the advanced features are not activated(as you mentioned, like a timeline)?

You can use the Monster Workshop, Toon Town and Avatar Toolkit with iClone5 Standard. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic