Profile Picture

My wish for Generation 6 iClone Avatar (G5 Avatar)

Posted By Cellygon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cellygon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
(note: meant to say *G6* Avatar in the the title)
We all know iClone 6 is just around the corner, so I am just assuming a next generation iClone avatar is in the work as well. In this case, G6 Avatars. And if it's not in the work, it's probably being planned... BigGrin

Anyways, I think G6 character should be focused heavily on the face, face topology and face uv and also hair. The higher polygon in G5 compared to G3 character were much appreciated addition but I don't think the body needs more polygons(it's good to have) but I think the face do.

I think RL should do what most game studios these days are doing. If you take a look at some next generation gaming character models, most of the focus is on the face of the model. There are higher polygons count on the face while the body is very low poly. And when making a movie, focusing on the characters face is more important than the body.

So for G6 character it would be great to have higher poly on the face, better topology and better uv. By better UV I meant UV maps that isn't stretching too much. If you take a look at the current default G5 face and load up a checker board texture to test out the UV, you'll see quite a few stretching going on. Which results in stretching face textures and losing facial fine details.

In the picture below, you can see what I mean by stretching UVs. Fix this up and make better UV with less stretching for the G6 characters.

Basically what I want or what I am suggesting, is to focus heavily on the face for the next generation of iClone characters. Because to be honest I was always disappointed in the face creating tool and the stretching UV map it produces in iClone.

----------------------------------------------------------
My latest release for CC

For all my other iClone contents, click here.

Edited
10 Years Ago by Cellygon
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
One of my biggest wishes for iClone 6, and was also my biggest wish for all versions before that, as it relates to specifically targeting better faces, would be to use something like FaceGen for generating faces and head models.

http://www.facegen.com/

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is it possible to use the output of the generated faces with FaceGen Modeller 3D in iClone without rigging etc? Or do you have to work on them to get all the facial expressions and lip syncing to look correct? Looks like a great tool.
Thanks,
theschemer
Edited
10 Years Ago by theschemer
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
Thanks for the feedback. This will be reviewed by the iClone team. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic