Profile Picture

秦代中國花園 - Qin Dynasty Chinese Garden - Qín dài zhōngguó huāyuán. (Animation Encl.)

Posted By DELETED2 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

秦代中國花園 - Qin Dynasty Chinese Garden - Qín dài zhōngguó huāyuán....

Author
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
And so......
Life and other projects have demanded that only 1 garden exists in this video for now though there are 5 in progress.

Time is against me.
For now I've compiled this suite of pans and outs because it needed to "be" in whatever current form it's evolved to become.

It's a short walk in history through a garden that was designed 2230 years ago at the rise of the Qin dynasty. 

More to come.
This, and about 30 other Chinese ink drawn bamboo paper plans, deserve to come to life as never before and I have been in communication with the Beijing University for some time on the project.

Exacting and Respectful of Chinese Historians.
I've taken exquisite care to (as perfectly as I can regarding the sketchy drawing) recreate the plants and elements positioning  as drawn, their scale and size and while I don't know what plants they were, BioSphere and the ability to make what you need from primitives in iClone means that 99% of the time you're never short of what's required and close to what's needed.

Evolutionary pause...
If you recall I initially tried to use EarthSculptor and failed because resolutionary output was miserable so I shelved all this until iClone caught up. 
Later, iClone did evolve and allowed superior landmass sculpting with height mapping.

My Highlights...
The iClone crew will have seen this many times, or most of it, but my favourite and most successful  elements of the production are...

1. The randomly created lawn and  compressed perspective on distant mountains.
Took me a long time to hide tiling over such an enormous landmass. B2M to the recue.  (3 masses actually, ghosted together.)
2. The night time lanterns attracting particle flies and moths and the night-time lake surface with skimming mosquitos.
3. The atmospheric control we have now in iClone which turns any scene or take into something magical and radiant.
4. The effectivity of mist planes and hi-res skies.
5. The continual 50% overlay of tooned output. I didn't want total tooning, not total "reality" rendering. I wanted a pleasant soft mixture of both. So everything had to be output three times in three different styles. 
A) So with A.O.,
B) I.B.L. and
C) H.D.R. with
D) 'Tooning using
E) visible and invisible intersection lines
... we have a diverse ability to incredibly and accurately stylise and control output in ways you cant imagine until you sit and watch their results.

The value of graduated transparentised layering.
Layering each take at varying degrees of transparency allowed me to achieve a wonderful half way mark with everything I wanted to see that encroached tooning and normal. Perfect. 

Study, study and more study...
It comes across as simple...... but believe me there's been a massive mountain of long winded research and technique to try and do these wonderful priceless drawings justice and I'm the first.
Also, "uncomplicated" is an essence required in the gardens spirituality.  
I haven't seen this done before so I have no cornerstones to work on. 
The other gardens are enormous compared to this and just need planting out now.
Wait and see.  

Well done Reallusion. Well done Mike. Well done us. Tongue Wink  We're heroes. Cool  And thanks to so many of the Iclone crew who have helped in so many respects with land modelling, graphic theory and technique. Mike provided the Chinese Low-Poly Characters which, on my previous struggling computer, were a Godsend.  

Armstrong.

Edited
10 Years Ago by Armstrong
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
The Qin Dynasty Garden.

Dedicated to Apparition / Mike who provided me with the wonderful Chinese Extras to bring these scenes to life. I'm sorry Mike, I just couldn't get it all done in time. I'm sure you're watching.

Edited
10 Years Ago by Armstrong
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
This is a magnificent work of art in so many ways! BRAVO ARMSTRONG!!

Mike would be so proud!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Absolutely beautiful Armstrong, Mike would be pleased to see the characters at work. Smile

Gorgeous reconstruction and interesting narrative.

Alley

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wow, that was excellent Armstrong. Very detailed and a ton of work. Awesome.
theschemer
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Very very well done!!!! Impressive....

Marc
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mike's Characters helped to bring a Masterpiece to life..........Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Another magnificent piece of work Mr. Armstrong! Stunning to say the least. Nice dedication to Mike A - his development genius will be missed.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Beautiful work, Armstrong.

I've appreciated the various screen shots you've shared over time, and seeing it come alive was a real treat.  I enjoyed the variety of styles, too; using the sepia-tone pencil drawing look to match the ancient drawings was a wonderful touch.

Showing the components that went into it was nice, too.  It helps us appreciate the magnitude of the effort you put into it.

It also made a nice and appropriate tribute to Mike.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Absolutely breath-taking.  A worthy tribute.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic