Additional sprite options for muscle flexing

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I know most people will hate this idea cause it call for more work hahahaha but i would love to have additional sprites available for adding muscle flexes. If my character raises his forearm id like the upper arm to be replaces with one that has a bulkier bicep.

If my characters arms are bough together, maybe display a sprite with the chest area flexing. Just to give the body movement a little more realism. I'm thinking as optional sprites but to those who go the extra mile in their character design, we could make out characters a bit more realistic by adding muscle flexes to the movements.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

I don't believe there's a limit to sprites you can add for the different elements. You should be able to add additional upper arms, lower arms just like you do with hands, mouths, etc... Of course you'll have to add them in the Character COmposer, and not through importing a full character And you'd have to manually replace the sprite via the timeline, but it should be possible.

It still rather befuddles me that the things you want to do are all completely do-able in another 2D animation application, especially with PLE (point level editing)... CTA2's only real benefit is the re-usability of motions, but in every other area of 2D animation, it's just so stringent and limiting. But to each his own I suppose.
Edited
10 Years Ago by wizaerd
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Well for me personally, I like the ability to create and manipulate full custom characters. I don't really have any use for reusable animations other than for testing purposes. For the type of animations I'm looking to produce no one has actually created any prefab sequences yet, nor would they fit if what you're trying to do is create original characters. Original characters have their own way of walking and talking etc.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic