Configuring Codecs like Xvid for iClone Video Exporting

Posted By Durl 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Durl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Greetings,

I noticed near the end of an iClone 5 DVD training video (Intro to Render & Output...") a host of encoders being available for exporting a video (shown in the attached jpg).

What is the step-by-step method required to make Xvid and the others available (as shown) in an iClone 5 Pro 64-bit (or 32-bit if necessary) system?

I'm currently using Windows 7 professional.

Attachments
Tutorial showing Loaded Encoders.jpg (185 views, 508.00 KB)
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The first thing that you need is to have the codecs installed on your PC. Windows comes with a few codecs as standard for use with Media Player and Movie maker. If you have software for editing video then there should also be several others installed.

The next option is to install one of the various Codec packs available for free such as K-Lite, or by installing the VLC player, DIVX or Quicktime.

Each of the above have both advantages and disadvantages. Installing too many different codecs can really mess up a system very quickly. If you have an NLE installed then I would just use the options provided by the editing software.

Another thing to know is that iClone 64 Bit does not offer the option to select all of the codecs installed on your system - the 32 Bit version will offer then all.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Durl
Durl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply.

I do have VLC and K-Lite installed on my PC.

I checked with the 32-bit version of iClone and sure enough it showed oodles of encoders being available. Is there a way to get the Xvid encoder running on the 64-bit version of iClone?

And related to the same question...do you know, or is their a listing of which encoders are compatible / installable on the 64-bit version?

wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I don't know of any published information regarding the availability and use of video codecs for export with the 64 Bit version.

The fact that it is not a "true", but rather an optimized for, 64 Bit piece of software makes it difficult to pin down just what does or does not work with it.

For most professional video uses the Uncompressed AVI and image sequence export options work quite well. The MPEG option is good enough if you only need something done for the Web.

If you really need a special codec for a job then it's best to export the video using the 32 Bit version.

Who knows, maybe version 6 will offer more choices when it is released sometime later this year.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I would suggest limiting the use of compression in iClone. I've had problems with Xvid, even in the 32-bit version. If you need to use compressed video, your best bets are MP4 (H264) or WVF. But a preferred way of working is to export lossless, do your editing in a video editor, and then export in the format of your choice.

Be very careful with installing additional codecs, as they may cause problems. I installed DivX some time ago and it made Windows Media player and associated codes unusable.

I have had good results with the codec pack from shark007: http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html. Not only does it install codecs, it also cleans up the mess left by other installations.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic