Iclone for mac

Posted By pastafazoule2 10 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
As a mac owner i look at your products and just love them i just purchased crazy talk 7 and the addon and i love it but omg I would so much would love iclone on my mac,give me some hope that you will in the future make it for the mac haha and thank you for the crazy talk
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Unfortunately there is nothing to report regarding a Mac version of iClone at this time but it is being considered for the future after iClone6 is launched later this year.

Right now you can run iClone5 by installing Bootcamp and a Windows OS to run alongside your Mac OS. If you do plan on doing this, please check your system meets the recommended requirements.

iClone5 System Requirements

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
hi can i run parallels with windows 8 on my mac
Kris Bloom
Kris Bloom
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
your trial excludes us mac people from trying your software.. I was interested in buying it but i too use a mac with parallels. I try to install the demo and it says it won't install in a virtual environment. If i can't try it i will be forced to not buy iClone
Edited
10 Years Ago by Kris Bloom
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

iClone5 does not support virtual machine software so you won't be able to use Parallels.

If you want to use a Mac you will need Bootcamp and a Windows OS to run alongside your Mac OS.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

darkhorse20
darkhorse20
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
The Entertainment Industry has more Mac users than you may think. I never would of purchased CT8 and CTA if I knew about the CC/iClone issue.  With the CT8 3D models, it's very frustrating because of the lack of hair and style of clothes but I need to personalize. This really puts a damper on my projects and time. What about Blender instead of iClone, is there anyway we can use Blender or InkScape to create our own content for the 3D models? 

Seriously, something needs to be done, we need an alternative here. If this will never happen then there should be a disclaimer on Reallusion's downloads of CT8, CTA 3 & 4, or any other product that in not compatible for a Mac down the line, so the customer can make that decision. What are we going to do now?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the feedback. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your views and this will be passed on for review. 

I do think it is important to remember that CrazyTalk 8, CrazyTalk Animator 3 and Cartoon Animator 4 are all standalone products. They may be able to optionally share some files with iClone but that is not their primary purpose and in Cartoon Animator 4's case it can only use iClone motion files with the older G2 characters. The motion files do not work with the latest CTA4 G3 360 characters.

We have also always made clear that there is no Mac version of iClone and this could easily be checked before purchasing Mac versions of CT8, CTA3 or CTA4. Even then, we still offer a 14-day money back guarantee on our software so if you found out there wasn't a Mac version of iClone after purchase, you would still have had time to refund if having iClone was essential to you.

And of course, you can still use iClone on a compatible Mac by using Bootcamp so workarounds are still available if needed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I have never seen an explicit disclaimer that that some Mac-only programs don't run on Windows...Tongue

Frankly, I have little sympathy for Apple. A couple of my favorite Windows music programs were gobbled up by Apple after which all Windows support was dropped.

As a result, my investment went down the drain as the license servers for re-installation were taken off-line. It still gets my blood pressure up...Crazy 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic