Cornucopia 3DXchange

Posted By mtakerkart 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi Reallusion !

I asked to Cornucopia 3d if there 3dxchange 4 is a 4.0 version.
http://www.cornucopia3d.com/purchase.php?item_id=9620
They told me to ask to your sale department.
I've no answer about your sales department if the Cornucopia 3dxchange 4 is the 4.0 version.
(I Don't want the 4.1 or above).
Has somebody an answer for me or can someone sell me a 4.0 version ?
I have a paypal account.

Thank you very much

Marc
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I don't think that there is any chance that Cornucopia 3d is selling anything other than at least the 4.1 version of 3DXchange.

Even those of us who purchased the 4.0 version when it was released can't obtain a copy of that release from RL, the only version available for download is 4.1 as a full installer and 4.11 as a patch update.

With the DRM system that RL have in place I don't see any possibility of any user selling your a 4.0 version - the serial number and email address seem to be connected to each other and therefore prevent 3rd party use.

I also think that RL have their own reasons to prevent anyone purchasing and installing a new version of 4.0 - sw00000p has made several posts on the subject of functions that were disabled/removed in 4.1 and 4.11.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Thank you very much for your answer Wires !

Yes I had a big discussion with swooop about a major feature desabled in 3dxchange since the
4.1 version.... It seams that Reallusion forbidden us to import facial animation.
There is an obscur reason because even with crazytalk , we can't import it too....
I'll wait for the next update of Iclone or crazytalk and if there no changement of mocap facial,
I would give up this tools.
Look at facerig (facerig.com) , they made a crowdfounding for a cheap facial mocap and in 4 weeks , they collect 310 000$ and more that 8000 backers !!! Reallusion misses the train in the realtime CG world.

Thank you

Marc T
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I (almost) always save versions of RL software, so it seems that I could reinstall version 4.0. Do you have any idea in what form the alleged facial animation can be imported? It was certainly not an advertised feature as far as I know, so it is not something that was sorely missed (except by sw00000p of course Tongue ) at the time.

CrazyTalk could never import facial animation, so in that case no feature was taken away.

I would also like to point out that there is a difference between a proof of concept, such as FaceRig, and a final product. To make regular Mocap work along a wide range of consumer-based Windows systems has been a major challenge, so even if someone has a prototype that doesn't mean that it would work for a mass market, which is what RL has to deal with.

Companies like Autodesk can stipulate stringent system requirements because they deal with a professional market exclusively. So if your system doesn't meet those specs and there are problems then it's up to you to bring your system up to snuff. RL on the other hand has to work on a much larger variety of systems, otherwise there will be complaints. I personally believe that the minimum specs should be set higher then they are now simply because iClone has evolved so much that those minimum specs are no longer realistic.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I agree with you Animagic about the tech requiments. Today 3d realtime needs specific videocard, Ram etc and no compromise . I'm ok with that. But as Swooop said , reallusion has disabled since 3dxchange 4.1 the "embeded" facial anime with the rest of the body fbx 2009 importation.
Today 3dxchange "split" the animation information.I need the 4.0 not because my system , I edit HD stereoscopic in realtime with 2 screens 1920x1080 size ;-)

I believe in facerig because today this mocap indie technologie works , I tried the brekel pro face and faceshift with very easy success on a Daz character wich works fine in Dazstudio.
I export it as a fbx file in 3dxchange (no effective anime blendshape )but head anime, yes , then in Iclone , I use the motion puppet with the head masking and it work perfectly.....without my mocap facial anime....!!! .
So may I can suggest if you can try to test a fbx 2009 character that i can send you and tell me if it works on a 4.0 3dxchange. I think you have just to import and convert it as a non-standart character.

Marc
Archie Andrews
Archie Andrews
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi
Can I ask then in a nutshell, what are my options to get faceshift facial motions into iClone?

Much as I love this program and see its great potential I'm becoming tired of their restrictive approach and will be smiling when we see the days of approach when competitors take on IC.

Seems to me this company started with a good vision but now it's about making money and nothing more. Prove me wrong RL and allow me to import facial mocap SIMPLY please. You know the technology is very easy.

I WOULD LIKE TO GET FACEHSIFT WORKING WITH YOUR APP NOT FIGHTING IT. IT'S MY MONEY BEING SPENT.

You really ought to look at the big boys approach (Autodesk etc) , they encourage the open development. Your app is slanting towards Draconian ways and that philosophy will only last but so long.

Thank you for listening.
Alan

Reading This Topic