Drawplus Character Template & Whitepaper

Posted By Peter (RL) 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the DrawPlus Character Template and Whitepaper are now available.

If you are  CTA2 Pipeline user, please login to your Member Account and select Patch/Bonus to find the Character Template download link and the Whitepaper.

Please share any feedback you have about the creation process below. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

narf2n
narf2n
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Does it work for DP X5 or is X6 a must ???

I am getting a warning with X5 and the documentation mentions X6 and not X5 Ermm
So do I have to upgrade another app in order to enjoy the feature for which I got the pipeline version to begin with ?
dmr_1984
dmr_1984
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
narf2n (1/23/2014)

I am getting a warning with X5 and the documentation mentions X6 and not X5 Ermm
So do I have to upgrade another app in order to enjoy the feature for which I got the pipeline version to begin with ?

I have it, and it works on DrawPlus X6 Smile
dmr_1984
dmr_1984
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Also, thanks to the CrazyTalk people for making this possible, as I'm a long time DrawPlus user, it should be that bit easier for me to create a character now Wink
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
narf2n (1/23/2014)

There is no need to upgrade to DPx6!
I opened the body template in DPx5 and exported it to swf and then it imported into CTA2 without a problem.

I don't believe there are any special features used in the templates that are specific to DPx6 and would cause a problem.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

narf2n
narf2n
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Thanks Jeff (jlittle)! That really bothered me and I am glad to learn it's not a real issue.

After carefully reading through the white paper here is my collected feedback and open questions…

While the white paper has a lot of info, for me as a beginner to Draw Plus it still lack a lot of information and I am looking forward for some video tutorials to accompany it – hope we don't have to wait for long Smile

For example

The following page references adobe flash for some reason so you may need to edit it:
(many other references to flash are rather confusing – do you mean the product by adobe or the technology?)

"Do not draw a character with perspective in Flash!" – what does this mean? Is there some magical way to go from 0 deg to other angels and save the time for redrawing the respective views?

You mention the open close joint technique but you don't explain / reference how to achieve it in DP… when I draw a line I can either keep it or hide the whole thing with my current (poor) skill set – how do I chose where it's open and where it is visible and closed?
narf2n
narf2n
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Another issue:
When I expand a body part it seems to be a group with a bunch of objects for example

When I draw a replacement I can't seem to drag it into the group – how do I add it?

The "actual upper torso" is make of two objects I suppose – object695 & object692 as two halves – do I need to create my upper torso as two parts as well or can I make it one whole object?

Other than these 2 objects there seem to be some circles in there on top of the actual upper torso drawing - do I need to create them or are they automatically generated in one of the processes?

Luna
Luna
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi narf2n!

narf2n (1/24/2014)

The following page references adobe flash for some reason so you may need to edit it:
http://help.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_2/ENU/Whitepaper_Drawplus/default.asp
(many other references to flash are rather confusing – do you mean the product by adobe or the technology?)

"Do not draw a character with perspective in Flash!" – what does this mean? Is there some magical way to go from 0 deg to other angels and save the time for redrawing the respective views?

That means for example that in a 45 degree angle you shouldn't draw the leg that is nearer to the viewer (to the camera) longer. Draw both legs the same length.

Luna

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
narf2n (1/24/2014)

You mention the open close joint technique but you don't explain / reference how to achieve it in DP… when I draw a line I can either keep it or hide the whole thing with my current (poor) skill set – how do I chose where it's open and where it is visible and closed?

CTA2 creates perspective which is why you should not add any to your characters. So as Luna has already explained you should maintain the size of all body parts no  matter which angle they are facing.

Regarding other aspects of the whitepaper, we do make the assumption that the user already has a good working knowledge of DrawPlus. If you are new to DrawPlus you should spend a little time following the DrawPlus tutorials to get a better understanding of the processes involved.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

narf2n
narf2n
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So when you wrote:

Peter (RL) (1/23/2014)

Please share any feedback you have aboutthe creation processbelow. Thanks.

you were not after all the issues and questions I mentioned? maybe wanted something shorter and easier to digest?
well, how about mediocre, baffling and disappointing? is that the type of feedback you wanted?

I mean, IF sending me to learn drawplus with no references to what - is the type of answer you are going to give, PLEASE don't bother - let someone else who actually wants to help answer.

I realize the pipeline version is for a more advanced users but I don't remember any list of prerequisites when I was offered to buy this version - and I usually catch things rather quickly. but a month after the release I am still trying to get make something of this software that I purchased and either the feature are still expected to be delivered sometime in the future or the documentation sucks.

Bruce (RL) promised a tutorial to "Create multi-dimension characters from Flash Template >> mid Jan" where are we with that? how soon will you have one for DP ?

at least now I understand why no one else bothers to provide feedback in the forum, perhaps I'll take my questions with support and hopefully solve them 1X1 and not in the forum where other people can learn from it... tanks for the lesson Peter.

Angry

Reading This Topic