Hand in pocket.

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm wondering how certain masking effects can be done in CTA. For example, a character gets up from a chair, walks, places his left hand in his jacket pocket, then continues to walk.

I'm thinking maybe attaching a prop that looks like the pocket to the jacket itself, but the z-depth might not allow it don't know... How would you guys tackle it?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
JungleHyena
JungleHyena
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Im a noob here as I only have CTA for 1 day now and not made any animation yet....

But is it not simpler to just add more hand sprites? For a hand in the pocket? It will prevent not needed extra bones and what not,... and only requires you to replace the hand-sprite.

Or is that not what you mean?
Edited
10 Years Ago by jvandekasteele

Reading This Topic