Tutorial Topic Requests

Posted By KaiD 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
KaiD
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all,

For those of you who don’t know, I’m Kai, the guy who produces the Reallusion tutorials for iClone and CrazyTalk Animator. Although I’m not really a forum junkie, I’m starting this thread to get feedback on exactly what sort of tutorials are in demand from our users. I try to make the most relevant and easy-to-follow tutorials that are suitable for most levels of users, but sometimes certain users or topics are missed.

That’s why this thread is here! Feel free to give your two cents on topics you think should be covered in the future. At least once a month a requested topic from this forum will be selected. I can't promise every topic will be covered, but we'll try our best. Your suggestions are encouraged and welcomed! Smile
alemar
alemar
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi
I'd like a tutor " how use the .fla template..." I can't make those thing work... It work if I just tweak a bit in the file... I can't change parts or deep edit the file , because the imported swf don't work.

ALEMAR GAMES MARKETPLACE STORE

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Just exactly how far can we push collect clip? In a nutshell.

rampart
Smile
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
That is cool

What you should do is keep a thread open all the time for feedback from Crazytalk and iclone. Let iclone users help you to create information you can use to develop better tools. Believe me, this is a good community and they will gladly share with you.

The same questions are asked many times on the forums, and frequently members cannot answer questions that are too time consuming to explain or they don't have easy access to links to share.

All the help I give to other users helps me when they know something I don't and they explain to me.

I am not talking about you giving support. I believe I understand exactly what you said.
It is sure that many of our users will share with you for our own mutual benefit.

Best regards...

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

I agree about the tutorial on how to use the pipeline flash template...there are always some vectors that don't appear when I open it up later in cta2 ....Its killing me!!!!!!! lol. but seriously I hope you get around to this one soon. JJ
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I want a volumetric light effect from a car headlight in ICLONE TOON SHADE MODE.
KaiD
KaiD
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Cool, thanks for the feedback guys! I'm currently working on a tutorial for using the Flash template for character creation, however it might be a week or two until we finalize it. In the meantime, you may notice that we just published the tutorial on basic body creation using sprite replacement, and we'll be publishing one for the face later this week.

A minor caveat regarding the current character creation tutorials is that we will be updating the workflow slightly in future patches to make it easier to replace multiple sprites without unnecessary clicking, among a few other tweaks. Other than making the process faster, it won't affect the general workflow though.
KaiD
KaiD
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As for the Collect Clip function, we'll get to that eventually. Hopefully we'll be able to make it as powerful as the same feature in iClone, although that's not my department so I can't comment too much on it.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I imagine any tutorial featuring how to make, edit, and customize a wide variety of characters will be first and foremost. However, one of the things I'd like to see a tutorial on beyond the character creation/customization, is how to use CrazyTalk with CrazyTalk Animator. I see that we can now import CrazyTalk scripts into CTA2, and I'd like to know more about both sides of this. The CrazyTalk side of things in creating these scripts, then in CTA2 how to apply and use these scripts, as well as edit them (if needed).
rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
One important thing to remember with any tutor. Do not assume about your viewers knowledge. If you are creating an advanced tutor, qualify what you are saying to readers or viewers.

I have seen so many videos from RL and third parties. They go through the teaching steps, but ignore the keystrokes and click ons. They assume too much. The use of abbreviations is a huge NO NO. Abbreviations are only for the most advance students. Clear explanations of UV is a good example. When many people start with iclone the GUI is a nightmare to work with, because it is just one big blob of the same color and there is no distinction or ability to change the distinction of anything.

Yes, I know the pros know and care less about the interface. I can tell you for a fact it is always important to use color. Color is the most beneficial tool for usage the whole world knows it, but not the software industry. They just go with the same uninteresting and difficult GUI arrangements.

Go tutors must do a complete and thorough action flow. It is important to explain simple things during the training. Often it is good to even spend some time on details about why you are doing a certain thing. Best to review some of the better tutorials and think about why they are good tutorials.

Not everyone can create good tutorials.
The most competent users may not be the best tutors, because they have developed instincts and have a feel for the interactivity of the application.

After you are more knowledgeable about iclone you can follow the flow pretty well, but newbs don't have a chance.

Reading This Topic