Deform Tool

Posted By jlittle 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
It would be nice to have a "Deform" tool to be able to re-size a sprite along one edge rather than just one dimension (i.e. change a rectangle into a trapezoid).

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Sevenar
Sevenar
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'd like to see this, too. The prebuilt character bodies are all so skinny that it's hard to make characters different from each other. The built-in stretching choices are a step towards that, but they seem a bit too exaggerated for normal use.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well, there already is a deform tool in CTA 2!!!!
Open the 2D Motion Key Editor and the last tab on the right is "Deform".
You can deform any side of a sprite.

The more I use CTA 2 the more I find these little gems that were added.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
This is actually one of my favorite tools in CTA. The only thing that could be better is if they make it so its a full on "envelope tool". something that would allow you to really deform the selected shape and not just the corners and edges but actually allow you to bend and pinch and bloat parts of the selected shape.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic