Effects on Text to Speech

Posted By Dantem 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dantem
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I noticed i can use certain characters to manipulate somewhat my typed text-
This cause I am Italian and I cannot find any Italian voice compatible with crazy talk. I need to spell my Italian so it sort of sounds like Italian.

For example using "_" and connecting two or more words will give a different intonation to the voice, same (with different effects) are the other symbols as ".", "," and so on.

Can anyone suggest other ways to improve the intonation of my Text to Speech option besides the standard pitch, volume and speed

Thanks

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi Dantem,

If you are looking for Italian text to speech voices then you may like the two voices supplied by Ivona. They offer Carla and Geogio in Italian. Try clicking the link below and then change the dropdown in the sample box to choose the voice you want to listen to.

http://www.ivona.com/en/

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dantem
Dantem
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks
I downloaded from the apple wed site several additional voices.
They all appear in Crazy Talk however the speed can't be changed as the slider doesn't move.
This might only be useful for Mac users, but there are several languages and voices available there for anybody using from Lion onwards.
I'm still working successfully with "symbols" and if I type them in my Text they do change emphasis and more in the rendered voices ....
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the punctuation tip! I'm also on a Mac. A while back I found a document on Apple's website that described methods to alter the punctuation to effect TTS voices, but honestly it wasn't all that helpful since most voices don't take advantage of it....

I've bought a few CereProc voices and many from iVox - not all companies offer the same options for their voices. For instance you can usually adjust the speed of all voices, but iVox voices cannot change pitch.... CereProc voices can change pitch, but are a lot more expensive...

I hunted around for a text-to-speech program that could help me lay out the voices and text dialog. I bought a program called Narrator that allows you to load a script and assign different voices to different characters, but the CereProc voices crash when mixed with other company's voices (iVox voices work fine). Currently I use a program called TextSpeechPro which isn't much to look at but handles all the voices well (but only one at a time) and has a built in Export to AIFF feature - but CrazyTalk7 will not accept the file until you change the suffix to .aif (delete the second "f" from the file name).

Once you have the voice recording, you can run it through your audio program to pitchshift or add slight reverb to soften the robotness of the voice.... I have also used a program called AudioHijack to add filters to the voices in realtime (but you probably would want to use just the "dry" audio with no fx in CrazyTalk to get the cleanest lipsinc)...

Reading This Topic