We hear you! Reallusion’s Responses to User Feedback

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
HD13
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)Veteran Member (572 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I was sooo, sooo hoping for a Mac version.

(I e.g. just lost all my iClone installation on a partition of my Mac due to new OS issues, it is SUCH a hassle and so bad performance using bootcamp. I gave up on iClone for mac (actually on iClone all together) for practical reasons, although I own most of the current toolchain versions.)

I really hope you will release the mac version soon. Actually, currently I am desperately trying all respective trial versions of any other animation apps that properly support macos.

Smile
Edited
10 Years Ago by unique
TGL
TGL
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
RE: Ricks Works post about: CTA2 prop import question/issue:

This is a month old, so please forgive me for dragging it up if it's been resolved.

I was curious if the numbers in your desired results was an actual font or were they "outlined" and same for the lines - if they were stroke or shape.
Edited
10 Years Ago by pnp
RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Actually, they were all pre-rendered in After Effects, exported as an swf, imported into Flash CS6 Pro, then exported as an swf movie. BUT, still not importing from Flash as expected they would. CTA just needs the ability to import avi with alpha (or any other format that would support alpha without having to buy yet another product,) and all would be good.

Rick Owens

InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
RicksWorks (2/14/2014)
Hey Info... Xara Designer Pro 9 is fabulous. I have been using Xara products for years and pretty much use Designer 9 as an Illustrator replacement. It will import and save AI files and such. I suggest you check it out.

Nice, I found and installed my Xara Designer Pro 7 and I also purchased and installed CTA1 to fill in the gaps missing in CTA2.
RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

That's awesome! You should be all set now! Xara makes some great products.

Rick Owens

InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I see they just released Xara 10
RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes! And I just upgraded to Version 10 Pro. It is worth checking out for sure.

Rick Owens

jbyun
jbyun
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Peter,

Can you please clarify RL's reasoning for dropping SWF Output ?

You mentioned:
After adding 3D motion capabilities to CTA2, it requires more advanced 3D calculations which can not be supported by SWF format so far

Why is RL even trying to fit 3D calculations in SWF ? CTA2 can continue to do the advanced 3D calculations. Then, SWF can contain a series of vector rendered frames.

SWF is the native format of Adobe Flash, it keeps 2D vectors and images mainly.

Isn't SWF a great format for resolution independent, cross-platform renders ?

we plan to augment the future cross platform output compatibility. Unity can be a better export candidate for that.

Which Unity are we talking about ? Game engine ? Did you mean you want to give a 3D output such as FBX or COLLADA ?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
jbyun (11/23/2014)
Peter,

Can you please clarify RL's reasoning for dropping SWF Output ?

You mentioned:
After adding 3D motion capabilities to CTA2, it requires more advanced 3D calculations which can not be supported by SWF format so far

Why is RL even trying to fit 3D calculations in SWF ? CTA2 can continue to do the advanced 3D calculations. Then, SWF can contain a series of vector rendered frames.

SWF is the native format of Adobe Flash, it keeps 2D vectors and images mainly.

Isn't SWF a great format for resolution independent, cross-platform renders ?

we plan to augment the future cross platform output compatibility. Unity can be a better export candidate for that.

Which Unity are we talking about ? Game engine ? Did you mean you want to give a 3D output such as FBX or COLLADA ?

Hi..

Exporting to SWF was included with CTA1, but unfortunately due to the implementation of 3D motions in CTA2, we have found that exporting to SWF is not a viable option at present. However if we can fully overcome the problems involved and the export gives satisfactory results, then of course we would add this. Right now that is not the case.

Our Unity references are indeed for the popular game engine. Please see the Unity Plugin for CrazyTalk 7 below as an example of how we are using 2D animations in Unity.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/unity.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

talshachar
talshachar
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)Veteran Member (644 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm new on Reallusion, two weeks ago I have spend $500 on "CrazyTalk Animaotr 2 Pipleline Biz Bundle" just to find out I can't do all those great features of CTA1 standard you had for $50. I understand it's because of 3D features you put on CTA2 like multi dimension animation. But CTA2 is sort of a 2D Iclone or a 3D CTA with 2D limitations like body photo fitting which is missing on CTA2. 
Your great 3D software is "Iclone", and your great 2D software is "crazytalk animator". but CTA2 in neither, it's half Iclone and half CTA1.
so I think you should either like someone mentioned here, sell us CTA1 for reduced price with the ability to export from CTA1 to CTA2. or I would also suggest if you could at least let us to trade in CTA2 for Iclone, since I spend $500 on CTA2 which I don't have much use for it without "body photo fitting" (since CTA2 is just a 2D Iclone) I would be happy to add the difference in prices in this case another $200 and purchase "Iclone 6 studio pipeline suite" which is $700 right now on your online store. 
Please find  a quick solution to this situation since right now CTA2 is useless for me, I see posts here from 3 years ago that you said you will put some addons to CTA2 to do body photo fitting etc. but 3 years passed and it's all the same.
Thank you
Tal Shachar 

Reading This Topic