Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ExclamationMark
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi Folks

Reallusion would like to thank you for your kind support of CrazyTalk Animator 2 in its early stages. This software contains many innovative new tools that the CrazyTalk development team has devoted a lot of time to, in particular the step into 3D motion compatibility. During this time, we are currently revamping the CTA 2 programming architecture to make it compatible with Mac OS for the impending launch on Mac. Thanks to your feedback and that of our QA team, we have noticed that certain features still have a few bugs to work out, and you can rest assured that we are working hard to patch everything up to ensure maximum usability and functionality. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused many of you, and hope that you can bear with us while we continue to improve this revolutionary product.

Some Missing Features in v.2

A number of CrazyTalk Animator 1 users have commented on certain features that are no longer available in version 2. The 4 main items are listed here:

1. Body Photo Fitting
In CrazyTalk Animator 2, body photo fitting is no longer a feasible character production procedure for characters with multiple angle profiles. Therefore, we are currently recommending using sprite replacement with separate images. That said, we will continue to consider alternate body photo fitting designs to accommodate both single and multi-angle characters.

Users who need to turn images into a 2D body can still use the tool in version CTA 1 and import the character to version 2 at a specific angle. Also, stay tuned for more tutorials on how to assemble image-based characters such as Onion Man or Ted.

2. SWF Output
SWF is the native format of Adobe Flash, it keeps 2D vectors and images mainly. After adding 3D motion capabilities to CTA2, it requires more advanced 3D calculations which can not be supported by SWF format so far. Instead, we plan to augment the future cross platform output compatibility. Unity can be a better export candidate for that.

3. Motion Blend
This is another feature that has been complicated with the addition of multiple-angle animations. It is often quite difficult to calculate the blend data from different angles, so this feature has been temporarily removed due to unexpected visual defects. We plan to hopefully implement it again in a free future update.

4. Mask Editing for Faces and Props
The masking function has been temporarily removed due to some serious defects that popped up before release. The production team will bring it back in the next major free update. Currently, you can still use another image editor with alpha channels to achieve the same effect.

Known Issues

Thank to the active responses from many enthusiastic CTA users, we’ve collected many bug and defect reports. We have made it a priority to fix critical issues which cause program crashes or inability to complete projects. Prior to the official release notice, we have provided many candidates with patches for immediate fixes. You can download the pre-released v2.01 in Reallusion forum.

==========================================================
v2.01.1220.1 >> released on 12/20/2013 (in the forum only)

Fixed: Program crash when accessing Content Manager due to User Account Control settings
Fixed: Safe Area shows abnormal blue grids
Fixed: Occasional program freeze when launching from the login menu
Fixed: Clicking the Play Bar cannot move indicator to the target mouse location.
Fixed: Hotkeys unavailable during Facial Puppet recording and preview
Fixed: Left & right eye operation not synced during Facial Puppet
Fixed: Animation data error may occur when stop is pressed at frame 1
- This may result in faulty and unexpected motion issues if further motion editing is performed. To remedy, select character and press the ‘Ctrl-Alt-F’ hotkey to validate the data.

v2.01.1227.1 >> released on 12/27/2013 (in the forum only)

Fixed: Cannot sync the audio keys between Audio modify panel and Timeline track
Fixed: Cannot preview the calibration of “ALL” and “EYE Blink” in Face Fitting Editor
Fixed: Inconsistent animation key priority between the Face & Lips tracks
- Facial track priority should be: Sprite Switch > Viseme > Facial Expression
Fixed: Cannot add camera key when double-clicking on the camera track in the Timeline
Fixed: Objects or characters will disappear if the default camera key (frame 1) is deleted
Fixed: The position of Joint Masks will be reset after changing a body sprite
Fixed: Morph-based head texture update failure after launching texture in external image editor
Fixed: Opacity key cannot be updated instantly on the opacity track in the Timeline
Fixed: The on-screen display will not show correctly after Windows restore
Fixed: Animation data error may occur when Default Pose is pressed at frame 1 from the 2D Key Editor
Fixed: Possible crash with some UAC settings when selecting a puppet profile
Fixed: Program crash and close when Actor Puppet panel opened
Fixed: Program crash under certain conditions when performing face fitting
Fixed: Audio not updated when Undo/Redo is used in Composer
Fixed: World axis disappears when exporting video and images
Fixed: Remove Animation & Reset commands close motion tool panel
Fixed: Loading DRM iMotion & Flattening or Exporting 3D Motions causes occasional crash
Fixed: Motion length incorrect when using Collect Clip command that includes facial motion
Fixed: Double-click in Camera transform track causes objects to disappear from 3D view
Fixed: Certain G2 characters fail to maintain render style color changes when reloaded

Wishful Features

We also received many constructive ideas about possible new features in v.2, such as the auto-motion feature from CrazyTalk 7, Kinect Mocap, and other improvements for facial animation. We encourage you to approach us with any constructive suggestions and ideas, as it gives us a better idea and broader perspective on how to develop our product in the future.

Training Resources

The innovative new features and UI may be unfamiliar to a lot of people. However, a good collection of training resources are not yet complete. We are continually releasing new tutorials and documents, so remember to check back often!

You can find the major training resources below, and this page will be regularly updated to provide you the new information.
http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/Animator/animator_training.aspx

The online help covers the complete feature description and include extensive sample media as reference.
http://help.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_2/ENU/Pipeline/default.asp

If you are a Pipeline edition user, you can access the Whitepaper and Flash Template Project to develop your own multi-angle characters and define their Render Style compatibility. Please make sure you register CrazyTalk Animator 2 under your Reallusion member account, and you will be able to retrieve these valuable documents from your personal member page.
How to Register | Log in

We also understand that some of you prefer watching videos, so we plan to launch 2 new tutorials each week until most important topics are covered. Also feel free to provide us with your feedback for future tutorials. Here’s our tentative schedule for the next few weeks:

• Runtime Composer >> late Dec
• Creating reusable perform animation >> late Dec
• Create multi-dimension images-based characters >> early Jan
• Import iMotion (from iClone) and refine it for CTA2 >> early Jan
• Motion Creation Diagram (from 3D to 2D) >> mid Jan
• Create multi-dimension characters from Flash Template >> mid Jan
• Bring in External 3D Motions for CTA2 via 3DXchange >> late Jan

Special Reminder

If users wish to buy 3D Motions (iMotion) from the Reallusion Content Store or Marketplace and use them in the CTA2 Pipeline edition, a copy of iClone is required. iClone already contains hundreds of embedded motions, however all downloadable iMotion data needs to be checked in the iClone registry to ensure it is registered to the proper account.

Lastly, we would like to express that we understand the trials and tribulations that come along with learning a new product. As a result, we can assure you that we will venture to help you to the best of our abilities to solve any technical or product usage issues, as well as work towards improving usability issues so you can enjoy CrazyTalk Animator 2 to its fullest this holiday season.

Best Regards
Reallusion Team

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

perriced
perriced
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Bravo Bruce and Peter (et al), a message such as this is what, simply put, makes yours an excellent company and product. Other companies should take note! Thanks loads for your diligence (especially when you should be taking some holiday time off), an highly impressed, Dave Smile

Bravo, working like a charm now. Thanks again.

thanks, Dave
Edited
11 Years Ago by perriced
Unprofessional
Unprofessional
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks for all the good work!
Bugs are to be expected in a fresh program with some revolutionary changes.

But I really hope that the Motion Blend will be back soon. I don't know about others, but for me it is absolutely critical. I'm so used to it can't imagine working without it any more. With blending I could make transitions between motions look perfectly smoothly. And it took seconds. The production was really quick and pleasant - drop motion, drop pose, perform blending - all done. It was actually one of the best practical features of CTA!

I believe this is the most needed feature in CTA2 right now. We're really missing it.
RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thank you Bruce and Reallusion. I think the products are absolutely amazing and they have made my creative life better than before. The only products I use more are Premier Pro and After Effects, but I use CTA in the mix as well! I would like to see an alpha channel export, but I work around that by creating my characters on a green screen and then keying in After Effects.

Good job to my friends at Reallusion!

Rick Owens

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you for fixing and adding the mask editor when you are ready to add it back in. And also for the other fixes, but most of all, the honesty in reporting the facts on what is going on and why.
schemer
Edited
10 Years Ago by theschemer
dmr_1984
dmr_1984
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago

2. SWF Output
SWF is the native format of Adobe Flash, it keeps 2D vectors and images mainly. After adding 3D motion capabilities to CTA2, it requires more advanced 3D calculations which can not be supported by SWF format so far. Instead, we plan to augment the future cross platform output compatibility. Unity can be a better export candidate for that.

• Runtime Composer >> late Dec
• Creating reusable perform animation >> late Dec
• Create multi-dimension images-based characters >> early Jan
• Import iMotion (from iClone) and refine it for CTA2 >> early Jan
• Motion Creation Diagram (from 3D to 2D) >> mid Jan
• Create multi-dimension characters from Flash Template >> mid Jan
• Bring in External 3D Motions for CTA2 via 3DXchange >> late Jan

I don't know why, but the dummy template .swf file doesn't seem to work (neither does the .fla file), but comes up with errors, has anybody else tried? Anyway, I didn't seem to have a problem manually changing the character to make it my own.

In case anyone asks, this is to do with CTA 2 Pipeline.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
dmr_1984 (1/13/2014)
I don't know why, but the dummy template .swf file doesn't seem to work (neither does the .fla file), but comes up with errors, has anybody else tried? Anyway, I didn't seem to have a problem manually changing the character to make it my own.

What is the error you are receiving? There is a known issue with a missing sprite in the Dummy template but this shouldn't affect your own custom characters. The missing sprite issue should be fixed in the next update.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Which sprite is missing? Just curious.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
dmr_1984
dmr_1984
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (1/13/2014)
dmr_1984 (1/13/2014)

What is the error you are receiving? There is a known issue with a missing sprite in the Dummy template but this shouldn't affect your own custom characters. The missing sprite issueshould be fixed in the next update.

This is what I get each time...

========================
Update SWF success!

Unsupported SWF tag found.
Conversion results may vary
Are you sure you want to import this file?

Unsupported tags:Font tag: (44)
Text tag: (41)
========================

I don't know if anyone has come across this, but I maybe the only one
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
toontitan (1/13/2014)
Which sprite is missing? Just curious.

It's the 270 Left Ear sprite.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic