Posted By etoile33 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

animate a character profile from a profile picture or 3/4

Author
etoile33
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
It would be interesting to be able to animate a character profile from a profile picture or 3/4. I make stop motion films and I use crazy talk for lip synchronization. In my scenario I have plans of profile that I can not drive because I do not have a solution for the characters in profile. My dream would be that you can add possibiliter animate photos from profile photos and three quarters in order to manage the lip synchronization profile
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass this to the CrazyTalk team. You may also like to take a look at our newly released CrazyTalk Animator 2. This allows you to have your character at multiple angles including profile view.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/animator/

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SpaceCore
SpaceCore
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Five years ago and still no way to face fit in profile or 3/4?

I have tried all sorts of workarounds and still nothing looks anything less than ghastly. Please please please add this!!!! I saw that the facefit in CT8 has an option to fit in profile. At this stage, I am willing to buy that if there is a way to do just a profile facefit, then import that into CTA3. My business will rely heavily on this, so any information you can provide would be extremely helpful.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

For 3D heads you could create a 3D head in CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline and then export it to iClone. You can then view in profile view there.

Alternatively for 2D heads you can use CTA3 (with G2 characters).

CrazyTalk 8 itself does not offer a profile view with 3D or 2D heads. You can only rotate to around 30 degrees and there are no plans to change this.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SpaceCore
SpaceCore
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you for the fast reply Peter! I am animating some antique photographs for a friend of mine in CrazyTalkAnimator3 pipeline. Some of the photographs have the face in profile and my friend would like them to be able to speak.

The morph facefit can position the face in nearly a profile, but I have not been able to figure out what to do with the extra eye receptacle that I don’t need. I looked through the manual and forums and am coming up with nothing. Any tips on where I can find the information on what to do when only one eye is needed in CrazyTalkAnimator 3?

The picture below is what I am working on, with the sculptor in the left of the frame.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

With morph (photo) based heads you can't create a side on profile view as the fitting process is not designed to allow for this. The angle is restricted to around 30 degrees as I mentioned previously. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic