Character Pipeline Production

Posted By Bruce (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
etourist
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
The DrawPlus template comes with an xls spreadsheet that lists all the names of the various components. It looks complex but actually isn't since the majority of names across angles are  the same just with the angle number changed to the angle that component belongs too.

That said, there is also an issue where the template doesn't always import components that have been created simply by mirroring existing components e.g. mirroring the left hand to become a right hand etc. It seems pretty random as some mirrored components do import whilst others don't and I've yet to pin point what causes something not to import correctly.

Currently the only workable solution is to import the entire template then add in anything that didn't import successfully using the character composer to import the missing parts as individual sprites.

I've also had problems with the DrawPlus template not allowing me to name layers with names that include the underscore character by directly typing the underscore as part of the name, however I can cut and paste the underscore into the names using the original layer names. Don't know if anyone else if having that issue? Could be just me.

- TET
Animation and Video
actxc
actxc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you for the quick response.
I used the never-give-up-strategy and learned to use the template with copy and paste.
(copy&paste needs to be done with the mouse, CTRL-C, CTRL-V doenn't work.)

My mistake was to mix up left and right.
Left_arm_0 is the left arm of the character. And it stays the left arm of the character in all views. Also when looking from the other side!

Now I want to move the pivot points, because the character is not a human.
Ottinho
Ottinho
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi guys!

Where can I find the Flash template for G2 characters?

Thanks!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 14 hours ago
Ottinho (5/12/2016)
Hi guys!

Where can I find the Flash template for G2 characters?

Thanks!

If you have CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pipeline you can find the G2 Flash Template in your Member Account. Just click the "Patch/Bonus" link for CTA2. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

JeanGibsonMedley_894559
JeanGibsonMedley_894559
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Following the G2 template in Animator cc 
I am also doing the Buddy template.

Same problems with both, can't add my custom eyes
the nose in the buddy template winds up behind the head.
added ears to buddy template, that worked, the G2 male ears don't show up.

I've done model creation in everything from blender, Maya, to Poser for over 17 yrs. whatever
reason this flash template transfer to CT3 Pipeline is smokin me.
The hierarchy doesn't seem to make sense in the simplest way to me. I tried to do the simple nose to front of the 
head on the Buddy templates, nothing working....
Are there any tutorials for the remedial lol 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (57.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 14 hours ago
Hi... Please take a look at the tutorials below. They will help you get started with creating new G2 characters using the Flash template.

CrazyTalk Animator 2 Tutorial - Basic Character Creation in Flash Part 1
https://youtu.be/6O1gcLUbeuY

CrazyTalk Animator 2 Tutorial - Basic Character Creation in Flash Part 2
https://youtu.be/yvPxcReoOko

CrazyTalk Animator 2 Tutorial - Multi Angle G2 Character Creation in Flash
https://youtu.be/53dzgRh0Xts

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

JeanGibsonMedley_894559
JeanGibsonMedley_894559
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you. I have gone through the entire series, no kidding, every video for Animator CC they've posted.
Where I'm having trouble is the eyes and mouth.
I've gone through venders tutorials but have yet to see a video completely switching eyes and mouth. 
I spend probably 14hrs a day since purchase, the first week of July. Still not mastering the hierarchy of the dummy template. I make just do full Sprite import but it doesn't look as natural in action as the template.

Reading This Topic