Character Pipeline Production

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
I agree, it would be great not to have to rely on Flash, which has become overly expensive over the years.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

etourist
etourist
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for drawing my attention to that thread narf2n. I did look around before asking the question but didn't see any obvious topics discussing the idea.

Good to know.

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
soytinatiu
soytinatiu
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the response. You made my day. BigGrin I also appreciate the link to the place where this is being discussed. I will await to see if Drawplus5 is enough or if I have to upgrade to Drawplus x6. I can hardly wait for the Drawplus templates. A really good product just became awesome.

Appreciate it!

flatcap
flatcap
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)Veteran Member (998 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
i am really disapointed with no serif template after all reallusion made a big deal of crazytalk and serif programs working together so i was surprised that to make my own characters i need to purchase adobe flash program. Which i have no intention of buying.
Reallusion should have made that clear in the advertising, i would have not bothered buying cta2
i did ask in a previous post if there would be an alternitive way of creating characters to shelling out on adobe flash using serif drawplus. which would make sense to me and all the other users who have purchased serif drawplus so we could use it in tandem with cta 1

master of the afternoon nap
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
flatcap (1/22/2014)
i am really disapointed with no serif template after all reallusion made a big deal of crazytalk and serif programs working together so i was surprised that to make my own characters i need to purchase adobe flash program. Which i have no intention of buying.
Reallusion should have made that clear in the advertising, i would have not bothered buying cta2
i did ask in a previous post if there would be an alternitive way of creating characters to shelling out on adobe flash using serif drawplus. which would make sense to me and all the other users who have purchased serif drawplus so we could use it in tandem with cta 1

You do not need to buy Adobe Flash. The DrawPlus Character Template and Whitepaper are now available. Pipeline users can login to their Member Account and find them under Patch/Bonus.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

soytinatiu (12/29/2013)
Thanks for the response. You made my day. BigGrin I also appreciate the link to the place where this is being discussed. I will await to see if Drawplus5 is enough or if I have to upgrade to Drawplus x6. I can hardly wait for the Drawplus templates. A really good product just became awesome.

Appreciate it!

DrawPlus x5 is compatible with the Character Template. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Jsted62
Jsted62
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
It would be a huge help to have access to the pre-designed CrazyTalk Animator 2 clothes, pants, eyes, etc. Then we could make alterations for the G2 characters Reallusion has already created angles for rather than having to create them from scratch.

For instance, for Saul I'd like to be able to access the 0 degree, 45 degree, etc. angles of his t-shirt and add a t-shirt design.

The CrazyTalk Animator 2 template I'm talking about is the one that appears when you click Saul's upper torso in Character Composer, open the Sprite Editor and choose Full Angle Settings. I assume since the software references that graphics group it exists somewhere together. It would be great to be able to alter it in Photoshop and re-import into the program.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Jsted62 (1/29/2014)
It would be a huge help to have access to the pre-designed CrazyTalk Animator 2 clothes, pants, eyes, etc. Then we could make alterations for the G2 characters Reallusion has already created angles for rather than having to create them from scratch.

For instance, for Saul I'd like to be able to access the 0 degree, 45 degree, etc. angles of his t-shirt and add a t-shirt design.

The CrazyTalk Animator 2 template I'm talking about is the one that appears when you click Saul's upper torso in Character Composer, open the Sprite Editor and choose Full Angle Settings. I assume since the software references that graphics group it exists somewhere together. It would be great to be able to alter it in Photoshop and re-import into the program.

While not exactly what you are looking for, you can get the same results by selecting the angle you want, zoom in on the item of clothing and then do a screen capture. Then you can edit the item of clothing in your image software or drawing  package and bring it back in via Sprite replacement.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Jsted62 (1/29/2014)

I have to admit, this would be tremendously helpful. In CTA1, when we could export to SWF, we could export a character modify individual elements (say the upper torso - add a logo to a shirt or something), save just that element out and re-import into CTA1. While it could be a bit tedious if you wanted to make lots of changes, it worked.

Personally, I'd like to see an export in CTA2 (Pipeline?), where it'd export to either a SWF (or preferably FLA for those with Flash) that exported a template identical to the templates used for importing new characters. We could then modify to our hearts content, and just re-import the template as a new character.
AnimatFolks
AnimatFolks
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
3. Video Tutorial - Using our Flash Template for Multi-dimensional Character Creation (Release Date: Jan, 2014)

Hi Bruce.
For when the promised tutorial?
Thanks

Reading This Topic