Profile Picture

Safe Area - Show or Hide

Posted By chuck3811 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
chuck3811
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello,

I just downloaded Crazy Talk Animator Pro 2 and I was wondering how I can hide the "Safe Area" blue grid boxes. I like the external dark blue border marker; however, I don't like the smaller grid boxes that are within the safe area. I noticed that in the project settings you can change the size of the safe zone but you can't hide it or change the color of the safe zone grid. Under the "preference" settings you change the grid spacing, grid size and grid color. Is there some other place in the UI that allows you to do the same thing with the safe zone like you can with the background grids?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Tongue
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
You can toggle the grid on and off with CTRL+G.  This will just leave the outer blue safe area box.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

chuck3811
chuck3811
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. Please see attached (two pics) and hopefully I articulated my question a little bit better. I guess I am a little nearsighted and I can't seem to find a similar hot key for the stage area like the one that you showed me earlier for the grid. I've been going through the help files for CTA and CTA2 and I've been using the search feature on the forum. I've noticed that you have helped many folks on this forum! I'll continue searching and reading the help features about the program but if you figure out something please let me know. Thanks for your time and sorry for the rookie question(s).

Best regards
Attachments
safe area 1.jpg (335 views, 1.00 MB)
safe area 2.jpg (280 views, 735.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Once you turn off the grid (CTRL+G), the Safe Area should be blank as shown below. Please can you try turning on Active Image in Project Settings and see if this replaces the blue grid. Also when you add a character, does  the character appear in front or behind the blue grid? Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Slindrik420
Slindrik420
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have the same issue cannot get rid of the blue grid inside the safe area need a fix asap
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@chuck3811, @Slindrik420

We have found the "blue grid" issue occurs on systems with certain older graphics cards. If possible, please upgrade your graphics card to completely resolve the issue.

For now, please first update your graphics drivers. This may well resolve the issue on its own.

Then if you still have the issue, please download the attached file.

Now follow the steps below to workaround the issue:-

1. Uncompress the zip file

2. Copy all the files in the Safearea folder to the CTA2 program folder below (if default location used)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\CrazyTalk Animator 2\LuaGui\SafeArea\

3. Choose to replace the existing files when prompted.

4. Now try opening CTA2 again and check for the "Blue Grid".

Please do let us know if this does resolve the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Attachments
CTA2_SafeArea.zip (179 views, 7.00 KB)
chuck3811
chuck3811
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter - I updated the NVIDIA (NVIDIA GeForce 650M) driver and I unzipped the folder that you provided and placed in the LUA Safe Zone folder but not no dice.. Sad
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

chuck3811 (12/17/2013)
Peter - I updated the NVIDIA (NVIDIA GeForce 650M) driver and I unzipped the folder that you provided and placed in the LUA Safe Zone folder but not no dice.. Sad

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you confirm that you did copy the individual 4 files below:

SafeArea.iTol
SafeArea.lua
SafeAreaPreview.png
SafeAreaRecord.png

to the location below overwriting the original files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\CrazyTalk Animator 2\LuaGui\SafeArea\

You should not copy the folder from the zip, just the 4 files. This is vital for the process to work.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

chuck3811
chuck3811
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hello Peter - I followed the process that you provided to the "t" but still no luck. I was hoping to see if it worked for the other user that is experiencing the same issue, but he hasn't posted again.
videodv
videodv
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have the same issue and followed the above procedure with no luck either

Reading This Topic