Profile Picture

I created my character--but when i apply a background, I can't layer it to the back of my character...

Posted By westby_andrea 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I created my character--but when i apply a background, I can't layer...

Author
westby_andrea
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I have crazytalk animator 6pro.

I created a face from a photo, added it onto a body, added speech, dancing, etc...(just kinda dinkering around) and when I add the "livingroom background" all the furniture and stuff is covering my character. I know you can "layer". I can see the layering column to my right---but whatever I click or do I can't get my character to layer up it only gives me the option to "go down". It's already behind everything! Please help. Do I need to be in "scene"? Or character? I'm just completely lost, so when you reply, please explain to me in step by step as if I'm a two year old, because that's about how lost I am.

Thank you so much!
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Layering isn't enough, there's also a Z Axis to account for. In the scene window (bottom right), use the visibility checkboxes to hide your scene so that only your character is showing. At the bottom of your character should be a little curcle with what appears to be a double arrow (bigger on top than bottom)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108572298/CTA_ZAxis.png

Click and drag this to move the character forward or backwards in the scene. The re-enable the scene visibility to ensure your character is before the scene elements.
westby_andrea
westby_andrea
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)Veteran Member (785 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thank you that worked so easily:-)

Reading This Topic