Profile Picture

Left Flank of Character is 'Stuck'

Posted By arkenstone22 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
arkenstone22
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I am testing a new character's movements. When I assign him to do various base motions, his left flank (lower leg) will remain inanimate and stiff while everything else moves. His leg will not bend at the knee. But when I change over to body parts and test just his left leg, it moves correctly. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Ermm Any ideas?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I would assume that if it works for one leg then it should work for the other if you did everything the same.
Did you check the pivot points on the sprites for that leg that does not work correctly?

What do you mean when you say "But when I change over to body parts ... it moves correctly"?
Change over from what?

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

arkenstone22
arkenstone22
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
When I select my character and open the Body Puppeteering Panel, there are two profiles or categories. One is called 'Base Motion' which contains the movements such as walk, stroll, threat, brag, etc. The other category is called 'Body Parts'. This category allows me to animate just one part of the body at a time, such as the head, arm, torso, etc.

When I assign my character the walking cycle, his left flank remains inanimate. When I assign my character simply to kick his left leg, it works.

I checked the pivot points, and they seem to be correct.

Reading This Topic