Profile Picture

Pre-Sales Question: Crazytalk 7 vs Animator 2 (CTA2)

Posted By Futhark 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
QuestionMark
Futhark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)Senior Member (319 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
On further thought, I should have asked this in a new topic rather than as a reply an existing topic

-
Okay I've only recently become aware of this software/company, which means I have limited time before the offers on CTA2 are over.

I'm interested in Both Crazytalk7 and Crazytalk Animator 2.

The problem is, I don't know exactly how much of a crossover there is between the 2 applications.

I saw a feature comparison chart for CrazyTalk 7 and CTA1 which seems to suggest that there is quite a lot of crossover, minus the features new to Crazytalk 7.

But with CTA2 coming, it seems possible that those missing features will occur in it.

Basically I'm trying to determine if I buy CTA2 will I miss anything in Crazytalk 7. Can I create animated faces from photos/my own drawings the same way, on top of being able to animate full characters?

I'm probably the most interested in the pipeline version, just so I can create full characters in my own style. For now though, buying both applications doesn't look to be any option (hobby use, not business, so limited $$) So if there isn't enough shared features, I'm going to have to make a tough call.

One more question:
I have a PC I can use, however my favourite/main computer to use is a Mac.
I realize that a Mac version will come later in 2014, but do I have to pay extra to have it run on my Mac?
A lot of companies supply both platforms under one license, but it depends on how you chose do things.

Any insight would be great.

Thank you.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
StationaryAnimation (12/1/2013)
On further thought, I should have asked this in a new topic rather than as a reply an existing topic

-
Okay I've only recently become aware of this software/company, which means I have limited time before the offers on CTA2 are over.

I'm interested in Both Crazytalk7 and Crazytalk Animator 2.

The problem is, I don't know exactly how much of a crossover there is between the 2 applications.

I saw a feature comparison chart for CrazyTalk 7 and CTA1 which seems to suggest that there is quite a lot of crossover, minus the features new to Crazytalk 7.

CrazyTalk 7 and CrazyTalk Animator are both standalone products. That is you don't need one to use the other. When it comes to creating talking heads, both products can do this and in much the same way. CrazyTalk 7 however has the new auto-motion system. CrazyTalk Animator on the other hand can handle full bodied characters.

But with CTA2 coming, it seems possible that those missing features will occur in it.

CrazyTalk 7 has the auto-motion system and the reactive auto-motion system. CrazyTalk Animator 2.0 doesn't have this feature, but in CTA1 & 2 you can of course use multiple characters which isn't possible in CT7

One more question:
I have a PC I can use, however my favourite/main computer to use is a Mac.
I realize that a Mac version will come later in 2014, but do I have to pay extra to have it run on my Mac?
A lot of companies supply both platforms under one license, but it depends on how you chose do things.

At present the sales policy is that you can purchase the Windows version or Mac version but buying one does not automatically give you the other version as well. If you needed both versions you would unfortunately have to buy both.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic