CTA 2 PRO v CTA 2 PIPELINE

Posted By aidanodr 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
aidanodr
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Guys,

I have been looking at this page:

http://www.reallusion.com/event/13-CTA_presale/default.html

I read this:

For Pipeline Users:
Design from-scratch, multi-dimensional characters using Flash templates. Import .iMotion files from iClone, or FBX and BVH files from other sources through 3Dxchange PRO.

The 3 advantages of PIPELINE over PRO are:

1. Custom Multi-dimension Characters
2. Import iMotion
3. Render Style = Custom v Template

( see end of page above for ver comparisons )

It seems to me the only REAL ADVANTAGE of Pipeline v Pro is "Custom Multi-dimension Characters" feature? Even at that this uses Flash templates. Do you need to own FLASH ( very costly ) OR will DRAWPLUS X6 do this trick as it exports SWF?

The "Import iMotion" feature requires that you pay out more and buy 3Dxchange PRO?

Am I correct with all this analysis?
Edited
11 Years Ago by aidanodr
animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
iMotion files are in iClone format and can be imported directly. 3DXchange is not needed.

I think you would be able to use DrawPlus, but I'm not sure. I agree, Flash is way too expensive.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

aidanodr
aidanodr
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)Veteran Member (814 reputation)

Yes, but that is assuming you own IClone ALSO BigGrin

I think you will be able to add your own 2D characters via using Drawplus ( export parts via SWF) in CTA2 PRO?

BUT to set them up as the new "Custom Multi-dimension Characters" you will need the PIPELINE version of CTA2?

brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I am wondering about this feature;
Multi-dimensional Character System

CrazyTalk Animator2 offers a new generation of character system allowing users to mix and match features to easily create multi-dimensional characters. Simply customize your character in its forward perspective, and the system will then update all character features in all other angles, automatically!

Can the different angles and body parts be further edited and customized in Photoshop or Drawplus like CTA1 so I wont need create a Flash template?

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
brothertcoleman (11/27/2013)
I am wondering about this feature;
Multi-dimensional Character System

CrazyTalk Animator2 offers a new generation of character system allowing users to mix and match features to easily create multi-dimensional characters. Simply customize your character in its forward perspective, and the system will then update all character features in all other angles, automatically!

CrazyTalk Animator 2.0 comes with a large library of character parts. So you can take a stock basic character and customize him to your requirements. You will only need to do this at one angle and all the other angles will be automatically created. Note: This is all done in CTA2 and does require importing anything in SWF format.

Can the different angles and body parts be further edited and customized in Photoshop or Drawplus like CTA1 so I wont need create a Flash template?

Yes you can customize or create a completely new character by changing the sprites just like in CTA1. Of course if you do this for a multi-dimensional character there are more sprites to change. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

aidanodr
aidanodr
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Peter,

I am still a bit confused by:

For Pipeline Users
Design from-scratch, multi-dimensional characters using Flash templates. Import .iMotion files from iClone, or FBX and BVH files from other sources through 3Dxchange PRO.

You say we can still design our own characters in CTA2 PRO as per CTA1?? Via own sprites and swap over?

What is the extra advantage of the pipeline version over pro so? As you see above it says "Design from-scratch, multi-dimensional characters using Flash templates." - So you cannot do this with CTA2 Pro - design from scratch?

Can you explain DUMMIES GUIDE what the difference between CTA2 PRO & PIPELINE is please?

Edited
11 Years Ago by aidanodr
RonOnThePond
RonOnThePond
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)Senior Member (402 reputation)

I am suffering from the same DUMMIES confusion regarding Pipeline. Precisely (some detail, please) what can I do with Pipeline that I cannot do with Pro? In other words, Pro is the right choice unless you need to ... do what? Or maybe like this: You can do THIS with Pipeline, but not with Pro. Please, some help today???
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
aidanodr (11/28/2013)
Peter,

I am still a bit confused by:

For Pipeline Users

You say we can still design our own characters in CTA2 PRO as per CTA1?? Via own sprites and swap over?

What is the extra advantage of the pipeline version over pro so? As you see above it says "Design from-scratch, multi-dimensional characters using Flash templates." - So you cannot do this with CTA2 Pro - design from scratch?

Can you explain DUMMIES GUIDE what the difference between CTA2 PRO & PIPELINE is please?

The process of creating full bodied characters is not the same in CTA2. The old photo based method has been removed. You can still create heads from photos but not full bodied characters.

What is still present is the ability to swap out one sprite for another. This means that you can take an existing character and then replace each sprite to create a completely new character.

The difference between CTA2 Pro and Pipeline is really down to a couple of features. Pipeline can do everything that Pro can do plus you can create your own custom multi-dimensional characters and import iMotion files from iClone. So if those two features are important to you then you will need the Pipeline version.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Sefardi
Sefardi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
There is a sort of graphic illustration of the differences here:
http://www.reallusion.com/event/13-CTA_presale/default.html
Edited
11 Years Ago by maxomax07
shadowkross
shadowkross
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So Pipeline is the only one with the "Multi-dimensional" character set up? That's the only feature I was looking forward to! I think in my rush to buy this software, when it was first announced, I may have purchased the wrong version of it. Is there a way to fix this, or am I stuck with buyer's remorse?

Reading This Topic