Posted By wendyluvscatz 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
W00t
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I had a lite version of crazytalk on my Dell laptop when I bought it
factory installed
it is what lead me to iClone and 3D
I finally just after all these years bought the CTA standard version
(no need for pro just wanted a bit of fun with photos)
was wondering how compatible the two programs are if at all
I know the cts files work in iClone and also did when I just tried them in animator
I actually want to only animate faces, bodies a fun bonus
using the newsreader template and adding the saved face works for that giving a result similar to my old lite version but HD
I realize just plain crazytalk did that but might use the extra features plus get a free upgrade to next new standard version I saw.w00t

edit my models load into CTA if dragged and dropped
they are ctm files
and will talk if speech added
but where do I put them?
under head or face will not show in menu

ah can save after dropping onto stage as heads!

Edited
11 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
markk1
markk1
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)Veteran Member (648 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I bought crazytalk years ago and loved the abllity to animate heads. I bought CTA recently so I could animate figures. One of my projects in mind is to animate pictures of cats.

I have iclone 4, but I don't use it as there is version 5 and requires updating including assets.

I don't know much about the ctm files.
Edited
11 Years Ago by markk1
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 45 minutes ago
wendyluvscatz (11/27/2013)

edit my models load into CTA if dragged and dropped
they are ctm files
and will talk if speech added
but where do I put them?
under head or face will not show in menu

ah can save after dropping onto stage as heads!

Hi Wendy,

If you save as a Head then you will need to apply it to a CTA character body.

If you save as a Character then it can be used on its own just like in CrazyTalk.

Normally for older CrazyTalk CTM files you would save them as Characters because they will often have neck and shoulders as part of the original image. You will have to mask these out if you want to save as a Head and use it with a CTA body.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Thanks for that Peter.
I really only wish to use animator like crazytalk so as actors would be fine.

Reading This Topic