Creating a character

Posted By shadowkross 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
shadowkross
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I watched the preview of Crazytalk Animate Pro 2 software, and I was so excited for it, I pre-ordered it immediately!

I Know that it's not due to be released until this December, but I'd like to get a head-start on putting together my own multi-angle, vector-based, cut-out puppet. I saw the example given at the 2:23 mark, and I really want to make something like that.

What kind of additional software will be needed? What kind special of Labeling/grouping specifications will be needed? Are there any tutorials on this?

Because of amazing features, I'm really excited about making the transition to this software! I know building assets takes a while, so I want to be ready to animate when the software is released!
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Use Draw Plus / Flash / Illustrator to design your characters.
Edited
11 Years Ago by prabhatM
shadowkross
shadowkross
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)Veteran Member (630 reputation)

Okay, so Draw Plus, Illustrator, or Flash? Are there any established guidelines for me to follow?
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Import body parts into CTA in flash (swf) format.
shadowkross
shadowkross
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Okay, So I know how to build assets individually, but I'm more interested in how to build the templated rigs shown the the demo-video @2:11 mark. Are there any tutorials on it? Any special conventions in arranging and labeling the parts of the body?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
shadowkross (11/19/2013)
Okay, So I know how to build assets individually, but I'm more interested in how to build the templated rigs shown the the demo-video @2:11 mark. Are there any tutorials on it? Any special conventions in arranging and labeling the parts of the body?

I'm afraid you will have to wait a little longer. We will have plenty of character creation tutorials coming in December to coincide with the release of CTA2. Not too long to wait.

Of course nothing to stop you creating your characters designs now at the angles shown HERE. Then in December we will show you how to put them altogether to create your SWF template sheet. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

shadowkross
shadowkross
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

One more question before I wait for the tutorials after the software release. Smile

I went a little overboard on drawing my "hand assets." Do you think that all the angles I made can be used, or do you think I just went a little overboard?

This Link is to one of my deviantART galleries. This one showcases 8 hand shapes at 25 different angles each (totaling 200!)

http://shadowcross.deviantart.com/gallery/43772968

Let me know.

Cheers

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
shadowkross (12/5/2013)
One more question before I wait for the tutorials after the software release. Smile

I went a little overboard on drawing my "hand assets." Do you think that all the angles I made can be used, or do you think I just went a little overboard?

This Link is to one of my deviantART galleries. This one showcases 8 hand shapes at 25 different angles each (totaling 200!)

http://shadowcross.deviantart.com/gallery/43772968

Let me know.

Cheers

Nice work with the hand drawings. Smile

I wouldn't say overboard at all. As each angle of a multi-dimensional character can have different hand sprites, you should be able to make use of a lot of these with your character.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
shadowkross (11/14/2013)
Okay, so Draw Plus, Illustrator, or Flash? Are there any established guidelines for me to follow?

I don't know if this helps or if the SWF's exported are compatible with CTA but......
I would recommend Swishmax for flash as it takes the labour out of scripting and modelling.

When I was into 2D a project with a girlfriend of mine resulted in an enormous undertaking which never got finished because Reallusion came along for me and a Contract in france for her. However, we thought it fun to leave the site online.
Don't use spanishcanary.com though, use THIS LINK...

See THIS LINK

and take a look at some of the pages. The characters are in the Japanese style.

The method for modelling was easy.
Place a picture of the character or person you wish to mimic on the stage.
Add vectors and reshape them to the various elements, face, eyes, cheeks, blush, clothing, and surrounds chairs, props etc.
Group them as sprites, animated or not.

Export as SWF or FLV's.

Actually, this page here   used to be an individual site I created launched in the House of Commons by the Prime Minister, Chief of Police and Heads of UK Education  for a National Charity.

The layers, interactivity and animation was all done in one page and at the time was the worlds most flash animated interactive page ever built. Hence the snatch of my work for child safety online and national coverage. If it doesn't animate simplistically when clicked on it drags or plays.

I built it for fun. Didn't expect anything to come of it and launched it online. The chief of police was informed because I tied it into a banking financial secure server for child mail and was apparently the first person ever to do this.

The rest is history.
So, dedication, never-give-in attitude, and imagination pay off sometimes. The current page was readapted and even further enhanced but its all flash vectors built in SwishMax.

Edited
11 Years Ago by Armstrong
videodv
videodv
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You can also use Anime Studio Pro to export swf

Regards
Chris.

Reading This Topic