Need help lip syncing characters to music

Posted By mrcork102 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mrcork102
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I imported music with singing. I remember seeing a video that said you record the singers vocal for you character seperatly as the wont be as accurate with the music. Then you are suppose to erase the characters vocal so it will lip sync to the music. I'm not sure how to do this. Ideally If I could record the vocal live while listening to the music on the animator it would be a breeze but importing a seperate vocal means syncing will be difficult and time consuming. I have a group of characters singing the song so I have to get them all on board and get them to sing together...any ideas? I have 2013 CTA Pro.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
mrcork102 (11/7/2013)
I imported music with singing. I remember seeing a video that said you record the singers vocal for you character seperatly as the wont be as accurate with the music. Then you are suppose to erase the characters vocal so it will lip sync to the music. I'm not sure how to do this. Ideally If I could record the vocal live while listening to the music on the animator it would be a breeze but importing a seperate vocal means syncing will be difficult and time consuming. I have a group of characters singing the song so I have to get them all on board and get them to sing together...any ideas? I have 2013 CTA Pro.

1) Avoid the music track for lipsyncing.
2) If you have vocal talents singing on different tacks, then import them separately and use for each character.

Else

3) Split the track into segments and use them for different characters as needed.
mrcork102
mrcork102
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I think you missed my point. The song is already recorded. I thought I could play the music on the music track - then say the words on the character track to get better definition then when i have the lip movements I erase the vocal track and the character lip syncs. It would be a breeze if you could record the character live...trying to sync a vocal track to the prercorded music is nuts. What I did is use the puppet control for the movement of the mouth. I have 7 characters singing at once and they are far enough away so it still looks awesome. the look like they are singing together. CTA is great but it would be better if you could record character voices in real time so you could sync it to music. Makeing a singing video isn't easy but CTA has so many great features there is always an alternative if you think it out. I saw a Tutorial about lip sync but I don't remember if it was CTA or CT7...I own both.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

mrcork102 (11/7/2013)
I think you missed my point. The song is already recorded.

I was hoping you would have a multi-track recording of your music.

The best option now is to use the music as it is and then fine-tune the lip-sync manually.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
What I did once was play the song in my headphones, and sang along with it in the vocal track. Kept the lipsynch, but deleted the vocal track, and just used the song as a music track.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wizaerd (11/8/2013)
What I did once was play the song in my headphones, and sang along with it in the vocal track. Kept the lipsynch, but deleted the vocal track, and just used the song as a music track.

Cool. Definitely workable.

Reading This Topic