Profile Picture

The expected CrazyTalk Animator 2 is coming!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
darian.kanius
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I am very excited for the new version. I am a mac user so it will be great to finally get my hands on this software.

One big thing to consider for marketing this new version. I would seriously market it toward the explainer video crowd and incorporate some features for rapid explainer video development. I have noticed that the majority of people that have the first iteration are more 'tinkerers' that do not utilize the software in any meaningful way, I have yet to see anything resemble a proper animation.

There is a site called goanimate.com that was once an online software very similar to Crazytalk. which was creating 2D animation easily. They then changed their business model to cater toward the explainer video crowd and businesses more, doing so really helped them take off and now they are the most popular animation software on the net.

Just a thought.

pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have bought CTA-pro+Powertools 1-3 (+ upgrade to CTA2 pipeline).

What is better?

-To install first CTA-pro+Powertools etc. and later upgrade to CTA2-pipeline

-Or wait for CTA2-pipeline and then install the Powertools etc.

Thanks in advance,

Arie

mrobot
mrobot
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Two questions.

1) Recently I bought the 3dxchange PRO -> pipeline upgrade. Does this help me get closer to getting CTA2 Pipeline for free?

2) Is there a way to verify how much towards the $299 of content we are currently?

Thanks.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 19 minutes ago
pinguintje (11/24/2013)
I have bought CTA-pro+Powertools 1-3 (+ upgrade to CTA2 pipeline).

What is better?

-To install first CTA-pro+Powertools etc. and later upgrade to CTA2-pipeline

-Or wait for CTA2-pipeline and then install the Powertools etc.

Thanks in advance,

Arie

Hi Arie,

You can certainly install CrazyTalk Animator 1 now. Both CTA1 and CTA2 can be installed on the same computer at the same time, so there is no rush to remove anything. You will also be able to install any content packs to both versions if you wish.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

mrobot (11/24/2013)
Two questions.

1) Recently I bought the 3dxchange PRO -> pipeline upgrade. Does this help me get closer to getting CTA2 Pipeline for free?

2) Is there a way to verify how much towards the $299 of content we are currently?

Thanks.

Hi..

Unfortunately 3DXchange5 upgrades are not part of the offer to get a FREE copy of CrazyTalk Animator 2.0. The offer is for iClone, CrazyTalk Animator and Bundle purchases, or content purchases of $199+ for CTA2 Pro or $299+ for the CTA2 Pipeline.

Obviously you can keep a tally yourself of the content purchased between the 7th November - 4th December 2013 but you will receive a confirmation email once you reach the required amounts.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

skrivenimrav
skrivenimrav
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
important question ......... CTA2 can import flash / swf so I understand
characters drawn and saved in flash
CTA1 can export flash / SWF
Can CTA2 read CTA1's flash/swf for home made characters?

animatedbeing
animatedbeing
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'm hoping the Avatar tool kit counts as content. Otherwise I'm under the $299. I already had CTA pro and iCLone pipeline so I bought content and including the Toolkit separately from any of the bundles. And the toolkit doesn't show up by itself in the content store.

I can't afford to spend anymore this month. So, I would also like a confirmation that I can get the CTA pipeline.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
lftaylor (12/4/2013)
I'm hoping the Avatar tool kit counts as content. Otherwise I'm under the $299. I already had CTA pro and iCLone pipeline so I bought content and including the Toolkit separately from any of the bundles. And the toolkit doesn't show up by itself in the content store.

I can't afford to spend anymore this month. So, I would also like a confirmation that I can get the CTA pipeline.

You do realize, that being an owner of CTA Pro already, you would probably have gotten a fairly good upgrade price to CTA2 without spending $300 on content, right?

Personally I'm not a fan of these "special" deals... I have all the content I already want from RL's store, and I'm not going to rush out and just buy crap for the sake of getting the upgrade at a discounted price or free for that matter (because in the long run, it ain't really free if I have to buy a bunch of crap I don't want).

RL is pretty good about upgrade pricing, so I'll just wait and see.
Edited
11 Years Ago by wizaerd
animatedbeing
animatedbeing
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The upgrade price is around $150. I don't have a lot of content for iClone yet. I figured it was a good time to get some of files I had been looking at for a while for the extra $150.

I had to narrow my selections down to some motion files, the Black Friday Vintage Bundle and some plant collections. The 50% off on single files helped. It should keep me busy for a while.

I'll just would rather get another item off my wish list now than miss the pipeline by a few dollars.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

skrivenimrav (12/3/2013)
important question ......... CTA2 can import flash / swf so I understand
characters drawn and saved in flash
CTA1 can export flash / SWF
Can CTA2 read CTA1's flash/swf for home made characters?

Unfortunately it isn't quite as simple as that. The SWF file imported by CTA2 has to be in a certain format with layers. This won't really be possible using the CTA1 export.

You can of course just import any CTA1 characters you wish to use in CTA2 bypassing the SWF import.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic