Profile Picture

Advice for new member

Posted By KraftKakes-2012 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KraftKakes-2012
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi folks. I've been using Crazytalk Animator for a few months now and have done most of the tutorials which are terrific. It was quite a steep learning curve, but I love the software.

My problem is that I cannot import a flash file (swf) to use as a prop. I also use Serif Drawplus and I followed all the instructions to create a keyframe animation, export it as flash etc. My flash animation works everywhere else.

This is what I am doing:-

Clicking on Import Media
Clicking on Prop
Browsing to my Shockwave Flash File
Clicking on OK

Nothing happens.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions on this because I am stumped :-(
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Watch my tutorial on creating an animated prop.
You might see what you are doing wrong.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

KraftKakes-2012
KraftKakes-2012
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)

Thank you Jeff. I have watched your tutorial very carefully and did everything accordingly, but I still cannot insert my own swf file into CTA. I get to the bit where I have clicked on Insert and browsed to the swf file. I highlight the swf file, click Open and nothing happens. The browse to file window closes and no file has been inserted.

I'm wondering if there is some setting which needs changed? I am using CTA Pro.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

If you want, send me (pm, email, or post) the swf file and I'll see if I can import it or not.

You should also be able to drag and drop the file onto the stage instead of using the import.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

Edited
11 Years Ago by jlittle
KraftKakes-2012
KraftKakes-2012
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Jeff,

That is very kind of you. I'm struggling to see how to attach it via the forum pm/send email options though.

I had actually been going to ask if I could obtain a copy of your pinwheel swf file to try it out on my software!
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

KraftKakes-2012 (10/9/2013)
I had actually been going to ask if I could obtain a copy of your pinwheel swf file to try it out on my software!

Here are the files.

Jeff

KraftKakes-2012
KraftKakes-2012
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you Jeff. I've tried that and unfortunately it doesn't work either. So the issue must be with my installation of CTA Pro? I should have mentioned that my Flash file works fine when I insert it into Powerpoint.

It accepts all my other graphic files (well I only really use jpeg & png). I am only experiencing issues with Flash. This is why I wondered if there was a setting or preference that I am missing.

ETA - I appreciate your time.
Edited
11 Years Ago by KraftKakes-2012
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You should be able to import SWF files using either the Std or Pro version.

Have you tried importing a static (non animated) SWF file?

You will probably need to contact support and see what they say.

Jeff

KraftKakes-2012
KraftKakes-2012
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

It is obviously an issue with my PC Jeff. I tried creating a static swf file and CTA let me import it, but whilst it showed the frame and listed the file in the Scene Manager, it was invisible!

I installed CTA on my laptop (Vista) and it all works fine. My PC is very ancient and running XP.

Thank you so much for your kind help.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
KraftKakes-2012 (10/10/2013)
It is obviously an issue with my PC Jeff. I tried creating a static swf file and CTA let me import it, but whilst it showed the frame and listed the file in the Scene Manager, it was invisible!

I installed CTA on my laptop (Vista) and it all works fine. My PC is very ancient and running XP.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Please try updating the graphics drivers. Quite often this kind of problem can be resolved by doing this.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic