Profile Picture

Saving a character and all of its animations to paste into another project

Posted By alanhaineslondon 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Saving a character and all of its animations to paste into another...

Author
alanhaineslondon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me please. I am new to Crazy Talk Animator and although I have found it reasonably easy to find my way around I am have become stuck on one particular thing.
After I have created a character and added motions, animation etc I need to be able to save it and slot it into other projects.
The problem that I am finding is that I can only save it as a project but of course Crazy Talk will not allow me to paste it from that saved project into a new one. If I save it as a character it saves only the character but not the animations. I'm sure there must be an easy way of doing this but having spent a long time trying to find I thought I would ask the question.
I hope you can help.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Alan and welcome.

CTA does not allow you to save a character with animations from a project time line as it were.
You can save the characters animations, either as one or many different ones as motion clips.
Then you can add that motion clip to the characters action menu to apply as needed.
The action menu items are saved with the character so you can copy the character to other projects and reference the same Actions for that character.
Keep in mind that the Action items point to clips that, I believe, are saved separately from the character in the custom folder.

For defining and creating clips and actions see the Help under:
Animations | Character Animations - Body Animations | Utilizing the Action Menu for Motions

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

alanhaineslondon
alanhaineslondon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)Senior Member (374 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your very helpful reply. The solution is not ideal for my needs by any means but I guess I'll just have to work it that way.
I do thank you for taking the trouble to reply.
Alan H.

Reading This Topic