Profile Picture

face on power tools character

Posted By nativenostalgia 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
nativenostalgia
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
 Hi, can someone please assist me with a problem that i just can't for some reason seem to figure out. I have purchased animation studio, CT7pro, standard, and CT animator pro along with DVD tutorial ect. but to no avail. here's the problem.

I want to use a power tools human character (purchased) and put the head of my grandson on it. (simple huh) wellllll, got the head shot, used the face program to get out the unwanted background and keep just the facial features no problem, than i brought in the power tools human character body i wanted to use and brought the face into it had a funky white at the bottom even when i went in an reused mask.

when i did, face is in front of the body and resized it and wanted to put it in the back of the body so the bottom part of the face (which looked funky) wouldn't look so bad. that's where the problem arises, for some reason i can't seem to move it to the back of the animation at all. regardless if i try to move it in layers or whatever. I can't seem to get rid of the bottom white part of the face no matter what i do.

am totally frustrated. am I missing something either in the masking part or importing ect??

Thanks for any and all assist. skip

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Not sure what steps you did but here is how I would do it:
1) Click on Face Creator
2) Import image
3) Size, position, mask, etc.
4) Do not do body fitting (Click No)

5) You now have your head on the stage, save under Actor/Head (will go into your custom tab).
6) Delete head from stage (it's saved).
7) Select actor and place on stage
8) Take actor into Composer mode

9) Click on head to select it
10) Click on the Head button (at top), select custom tab and find the head you saved and double click.
11) Your custom head now appears on the character, size, position, set pivot point, etc.
12) At this point you can change layer order if needed (Bottom right).
13) Return to stage updating the stage.

14) Save your character to your actor custom tab.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
11 Years Ago by jlittle

Reading This Topic