Creating Multiple Me Characters in CTA Pro

Posted By jarronn 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Since I'll be singing along with Karaoke songs through much of what I intend to do I feel it would be best to create two to three separate MEs. One front facing, another half-side, and another full side body pose.

Then I zoom into the backdrop scene I have already created from a photo enough to hide my additional characters off screen until needed. I can then bring them to the front or hide them off to the sides as the need should arise.

How does that sound? Am I missing something here? If this idea won't work I'd like to know before I begin.

Actually, I decided that it would be to my advantage to learn how to make custom props first before I attempt to cut myself into pieces like some sort of Dexter type of well....

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Many of your answers can be found by reading the product manual.

The online manual and the online help are NOT the same thing

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
You don't necessarily have to "hide" the actors off screen but instead just make them invisible and visible as needed. Keeping them off to the side and visible works too and it comes down to personal preference.
There are always several ways to do the same thing via different methods.

Keep in mind that you do not have to complete your entire animation in one project. While it can be done it is almost always easier to break up your animation into scenes and have a project per scene. Of course you can copy the last, or any, scenes project to another project for the next scene so that you don't have to "rebuild" the stage each time.
Once all your scenes are exported then use a video editor to assemble your masterpiece, apply sound, music, effects, etc.

I have found that it is easier to get one scene right in a project then trying to get 10 scenes right in a single project.
It also helps having multiple projects in case you have to go back and make a small change in a previous scene. Something I do often since most every time I re-watch a scene I see something else to tweak and improve.

Again, its all personal preference. Pick what process works best for you.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'm hoping I can get the puppet character of myself to look like a stock character body. I'm going to give it my best. I've spent hours and hours only to find I have to rework the torso and use different upper arms.

I recently purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11 for basic video editing. I don't intend to get too fancy. I'm hoping this will do the job for me. What do you think?

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

Considering what you said, I'm thinking of having the stand-up comedy in the beginning one scene and then the singing with a Karaoke song a different project scene and then putting them together with Adobe Premiere Elements 11. What do you think of that idea?

Forgot to mention that the big problem is I am using photos of myself in a tank top for this first video. matching skin to skin is a lot more difficult than when using clothing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Many of your answers can be found by reading the product manual.

The online manual and the online help are NOT the same thing

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn

Reading This Topic