Profile Picture

Posted By jawalsh 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Roberto,

The Acapela voices (if you want to buy them) are distributed through third-party vendors. One of them is Nextup for use in their Textaload software.

I use Acapela Box, where you create the sound files with the voices on-line. These sound files don't have the kind of restrictions that come with using the voices outright.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Casperbrown
Casperbrown
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Text Speaker is one of the best Text to Speech software available. The available professional voices are some of the most natural human sounding voices available.
rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
casperbrown

Here is a software I use for text reader function - http://www.cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm It works very well, is free. I've never had a problem with it. Wendyluvcats recommended it several months back.

I have been using the voices you can buy here at RL. They are very good for most part.

Since there are only 4 English speaking voices it is limiting. I inquired about the latest male voice from neospeech (RL version) and they want $60 for the additional one voice. Doesn't make alot of sense to pay that much for one voice for videos you produce for free.

You mentioned a voice text software I've not heard of before.

As part of the package do you get voices?

-----------------

I would be interested to read from other members about free or low priced voices that are good quality.

A note to other readers - It is interesting how people expect natural human voices, but we are using animations. I really think it is off the chart problem. The big movie studios don't use synthesized voices, because using known actor voices helps promote their movies.

Many times I have had people complain about animated videos with computer voices. I blame this on a standard that has been set by the movie industry.

So, yes... I do think we should get as natural voices as possible. Yet, I think most computer synthesized voices should be acceptable in videos. The animations and the information have to be spot on. I always write scripts for my videos and test read them carefully to assure good content presentation on a timely basis.

It is not even a contest between real human voices and computer synthesized voices. The biggest problem using human voices is... free actors don't know what you expect, they don't have good equipment and basically will produce files that aren't that good. There are some sites where you can pay for good quality voice overs.

If you can get your voice actors to come to you and use your equipment, and you have good audio equipment and software that is another story.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

rampart, I checked the website and you can either buy a version at 39.95 with two ATT voice (Mike and Chrystal) or a version without voices, so you can make your own selection at 29.95 per voice. They sell Inova, which isn't bad.

To answer your other question, I use acapela box, mentioned in my earlier post, which is an online service. It's probably not the cheapest solution, but I like the quality and I don't have to worry about license issues.

I just completed a short film that uses quite a selection of acapela-box voices. I will post a link here when it's published so people can get an idea.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/YY3Xfv1Dnek.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I assume the market base is too small for someone to take this on, but there are games that use human voices that interpret text input by the user and the voice speaks the text.

I would like to see a program that operates in the following:
A voice actor records multiple common phrases and sentences in several different emotional tones.

Records single words, names, and sounds.

Reference the phrases words and sounds into a software engine that will speak the words based on what the user types.

The technology for this exists currently and is already used in certain video games albeit on a much smaller scale than would be needed for these purposes.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think it would be hard to create a vocabulary that's broad enough to make it useful.

Reading This Topic