5.5 won't run - get a 0xc000007b error running 64 bit

Posted By rfacko 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rfacko
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm desperate.  For two years I have not been able to run 64-bit version.  I've been dealing with support for a long, long time.  At least before 5.5 I could run 32-bit.  Now I can't run anything.  I keep getting the 0xc000007b error.  I've been trying everything I know but no luck.  I've removed the program several times and reinstalled.  No change.  I guess there must be a trace of the old install left somewhere on my HD.I don't expect anyone will have "the" answer but any suggestions would help.  Since I really don't handle programming or changes of that sort I'm up a creek.

At this point I would be happy to go back to the 32-bit version.  Like many others I am unable to get Mo-Cap to load or run. 

I have a custom custom computer with 16 gig, an Invidia graphics card with lots of ram, 600 gig hard drive.  All other  64-bit programs run smoothly. 

Could someone please give me some advice?

Bob in Florida

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Disclaimer - these are softwares I use with success on my system, but I can not guarantee the same results on someone elses computer as different computers have different set ups...so what might be good and simple for me, may be bad for you ...so do these at your own risk - read the software and any warnings that come with it, and research your system to make sure you don't have any special set ups that may be damaged by these softwares. Then back up before you use them, should you decide to use them.

you could try uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller "http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html"- revo allows the basic uninstall then combs through your system for any additional file or registry entries the sofware left behind. Becareful when using this because it will track your assets library and you can accidentally erase that - so back up first - the software is pretty straight forward and if you pay attention to it's steps you can avoid mistakes - but this will give you an effective delete button to remove any possibly corrupted registry entries.

After you do revo - you can do a registry cleaner run through with ccleaneer http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

the type of error you are getting does look like it's related to a corrupt file somewhere, you may want to do a quick scan of your drive to make sure you have no bad sectors in it - that will also help clean out any bad clusters - if it does, and iclone was caught in the middle of one of those errors - there's a chance you may not be able to start iclone normally again after.

colour
colour
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That is a Generic Error Code. Different strokes for different folks Wink

Doing what Planet has suggested should/might fix it.

Also do a Windows OS Error check, before HDD Scan for & attempt recovery of Bad Sectors.

Go to; Start / Computer / Right-Click on Local Drive (CSmile Icon / Properties / Tools /. Error Check / Check Now & do both (But one at a time).

iC5 64Bit isn't a Native 64Bit & is installed with iC5 32Bit Program in Bin64 Folder, in x86 Programs.

Since both 32 & 64Bit Versions are Installed at the same time, shortcut Icons for both are added to Desktop & you have the option of switching between the 2. Saved Projects will Open in either. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sen
Sen
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi ,

If you try to start ic5.5 64 bits under iclone5/Bin64/iclone.exe , same result or not ?

First Try this :

- install or reinstall http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 > launch iclone

- if don't work , there is a 32 bit dll called . Windows problem Tongue . iclone 5.5 64 bits is a 64 bits
software , if a 32 bits dll is called by windows , 64 bits software won't run .

CGTRADER

Edited
11 Years Ago by Sen
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
rfacko (8/18/2013)
I'm desperate.  For two years I have not been able to run 64-bit version.  I've been dealing with support for a long, long time.  At least before 5.5 I could run 32-bit.  Now I can't run anything.  I keep getting the 0xc000007b error.  I've been trying everything I know but no luck.  I've removed the program several times and reinstalled.  No change.  I guess there must be a trace of the old install left somewhere on my HD.I don't expect anyone will have "the" answer but any suggestions would help.  Since I really don't handle programming or changes of that sort I'm up a creek.

At this point I would be happy to go back to the 32-bit version.  Like many others I am unable to get Mo-Cap to load or run. 

I have a custom custom computer with 16 gig, an Invidia graphics card with lots of ram, 600 gig hard drive.  All other  64-bit programs run smoothly. 

Could someone please give me some advice?

Bob in Florida

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear about your problems with iClone.

Please can you contact us at Support using the link below. To help us identify the cause of the problem, please do supply your DxDiag.txt file and a screenshot showing any error messages you are receiving.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rfacko
rfacko
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

To:  Tutor, tutor, Sen and Peter:

I have tried all of those programs, disc error check, etc.  Nothing touches that error.  I've been working on it for quite a while.  I know that if Windows gets a message for the 64-bit version it won't run the 32-bit. 

Peter:  I have contacted Support and have an active file.  I'm waiting for a reply and just thought I'd beat the bushes for suggestions. 

Thank you all for trying.  Onward and upward!

Bob in Florida

rfacko
rfacko
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter:

I sent that reply before I read that comment about the DX (?) file.  I've sent them a shot of the error message.  Now I just have to figure out how to get to that other file.  Perhaps I'll get that info tomorrow?

Bob in Florida

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The Direct X Diagnose is a simple process to run http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool

colour
colour
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

rfacko (8/19/2013)
Peter:

I sent that reply before I read that comment about the DX (?) file.  I've sent them a shot of the error message.  Now I just have to figure out how to get to that other file.  Perhaps I'll get that info tomorrow?

Bob in Florida

1) Go to Start / Search & Enter "dxdiag".

2) Double-click on dxdiag.exe in following Popup, to open it.

3) See Screenshot. Save the dxdiag.txt File to your Desktop & Attach it to your Reallusion Support Form.

BTW - I vey briefly Googled the Error Code.

My understanding is that you can Launch iC5 32Bit ok, but if you Launch the 64Bit, you get the Error Code Message that then prevents you from Launching both 64 & 32Bit?

IMO, that would narrow it down to a problem with the Bin64 Application.

Maybe a Screenshot of your Bin64 Application "Containing" Folders Posted on the Forum for comparison for elimination purposes, would be a good starting point?. 

Since your problem has been on-going for some time bow, I see no reason why you can't continue with attempted problem-solving in this Thread, in addition to Reallusion Technical Support.

ADDED - I've added a Screenshot of my iC5.5 Bin64 Application Folders/Files for your comparison. Any Files missing or added, your end?

I'll Open another Folder for maybe another comparison.

There's reason why I'm doing this for comparison.

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2

Edited
11 Years Ago by colour
colour
colour
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

READ MY POST ABOVE FIRST

See my 2 Screenshots;

Screenshot 1; The 1st iclone.exe File Launches the Program.

Screenshot 2; The 2nd iclone.exe File returns the Error Message.

I'm not going to tempt providence by Deleting the Second iclone.exe File, but IMO, it's a duplication & shouldn't be there. Look at the date. Do you also have it?

ADDED - This comment by Wires in another Thread rather confirms my suspicions:

"The ver. 5 installer is so poorly written that it can't see what is already installed and what is not"

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Edited
11 Years Ago by colour

Reading This Topic