iClone 5.5 is HERE!!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
colour
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
mark (8/13/2013)
Ditto on not being able to load an iClone 5.5 rendered .wmv into SONY Vegas. Rats!!w00t

And while on that topic thought I would do a quick non-scientific test of a scene, from an old project idea, rendered as an MP4 and as an uncompressed AVI. Then do a side by side ...

You be the judge Wink

Well - IMO, Uncompressed RAW AVI is going to beat any Compressed Video Format, Mark. But IMO, it can't be transported over the Internet, hence Compressed File Formats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Well this is weird. I get crisp as a pin renders from H.264 but from AVI I get lousy aliasing and this has been the way since iClone v.5. I don't know why. Now even on a superior machine by far....... same issue.

So what would give me these results? Everything is updated.

mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Well just to be make sure...you did check the "Final Render & Anti-alised" boxes under the Render Quality settings tab in the Export Modify menu.Smile

Cause there is no reason for the problem you have with uncompressed .avi's. They should always look better Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

animatom (8/13/2013)
martok, that upper picture is also from iClone? Looks like very good use of toon stuff, tell me it is from iClone?

LOL! I wish I could, animatom, but alas, it is just an image I downloaded off of Google, to convey my thanks to iClone. It would've been more appropriate to have done some kind of iClone image...I'll see what I can whip up. Smile

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

animatom
animatom
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
All right, martok. Never mind; I asked because I'm still searching for best way to achieve that kind of look in iClone so I was fishing for some advice.
If you will have some, don't hesitate to whisper. Smile
Thanks

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Animatom,

Here's something I did in just a matter of minutes....

If you think this looks ok, let me know. I didn't really do anything special, I just clicked on "Toon Mode" under Atmosphere. (I didn't click on the "Line Draw" mode under the content manager, because line mode tends to take away light shadings and makes the image appear less dynamic, unless that's what you're going for) Smile In which case, clicking on "Line Draw" mode would look something like this:

As you can see...in "Line Art" mode, the lighting is brighter and a bit more universal...note how the Centurion at the lower right seems to have its shiny details sort of washed out, but it definitely looks more cartoon-like. Also, note the holographic table under the large image of the Gold Centurion.....if you compare, the "Toon Mode" version on top, there's a bit of shading going on on the underside of the table. In "Line Art" mode, the shading is gone, making for a flat, yet again, more cartoon-like render.

The reason the holographic Gold Centurion looks unaffected between the two pics is because images placed in the scene are not re-rendered. I had to shoot that image separately, and render it in Toon Mode in a different project so that it would translate as a Toon image here. If I had rendered the image without Toon Mode, it would not have gotten the Toon/Line Art renderings of the physical objects in the scene. As indictated in the following image:

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Edited
7 Years Ago by martok2112
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)

Animatom and Martok you're output is superb.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Armstrong
animatom
animatom
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
It looks great, martok. Thanks for that.
My goal is to achieve something like Borderlands look, what includes hand painted textures - and for that I don't have time right now, so I can only imagine what can be done with your skills and, let say, Wacom tablet. ( this second thing I have )
Here is closest I came to look I want - with NPR effect, not with toon shader because I don't want to loose ability to toy with lights. I put glow texture over every diffuse map to avoid too realistic shadowing, because I think somewhere in glow maps or self illuminated drawn textures department is key to toonish look I want.

Will see how it goes...
Thank you again for great examples. It will go to my Tutorials/examples folder immediately.

Edited
7 Years Ago by animatom
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Foggy thoughts and misted outlooks cleared with 5.5's "1 to " value in Fog Setting.

Talking of Mist and Distance Haze.... as I inevitably do from time to time often from behind compressed temper... I'm pleased to say that with Iclones Mist control returning to 99,999 at the infinite balancing planes and "quick fixing" global smoothing as it were is a lot easier now.

For rough example...

Pushing the bases of distant mountains into white is a lot easier now as the planes "ground collision" seems to soften with the addition of a global mass of universal mist using the IClone system.

Above is mistless & fogless.

Above we see the massive difference of being able to infinitize the mists distance level away from the camera. A smooth overall which disappears as we approach the landmass. Mist planes cannot do this. But.... it's still not enough and we see the mountains as kind of flat still.

Above I've started to use very short depthless and "white transition x mountain width" controlled planes to isolate the fall off into white bases. So the planes drift from 0% - 20% to 35% - 0% opacity from core to edge in very low / short ovals.

(ABOVE) Without the global IClone controlled mist the skies are too bold  but because I can now add a global degree of haze without having to worry about rebalancing the mountain specific planes it saves extortions of time by simply adding volume haze rather than plane haze.

Above Which is what I've done here at 3000 - 78555. I don't want to get into overkill regarding Misting out elements but this is a Chinese Garden and I need the mountains to look as they do in the Chinese Paintings traditionally so out of respect the effort wont be missed.

The westerner wouldn't bother with it, but the traditionalist might enjoy its observation.  So it stays.

And tooned (which is its first birth on screen which afterwards transitions into normal un-tooned mode) it makes me happy to see the above.
Each Mountain Range has its base-fog pulling the detail into white as mist which contrasts with the clouding above.

The above displaying one of the broad planes oblique to the lscape with the alpha threshold set to zero so's we can see its recessive curvature away from the lens. (which helps when there are many and AO being used.)

Probably doesn't mean much to many... Tongue but as with most peculiarities of animators, it means a lot to me. Cool

Armstrong.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Top marks for Reallusion re: making it incredibly easy to blend four textures and normal maps together and change hue, contrast and intensity to compliment its surrounding textures.

This is much better. Cool

The other superior element to it is that definition stays now; no greasy smeared ground surfaces.

Armstrong.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Armstrong

Reading This Topic